Re: [DCU] Re: Getting Closer to the Green Lantern Movie

  • Jonathan Reiter
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 18, 2011
      I just saw it today. I loved it, although I wouldn’t see it in 3D, again... 2D is good enough for me... As for any critics, especially the ones who hate anything that is a comic adaptation, You twits don’t understand comics, you don’t understand Movies(either, for god’s sake!) and you sure as h*** don’t know what in h*** you’re talking about!
      We now take you back to your regularly scheduled email discussion list...

      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 18, 2011
        Personally, I loved the fight between GL and the Dark Jedi he took down
        ... er ... I mean Hector Hammond. :-P
        Ryan played a good Hal Jordan and they stuck in enough Jordan legend
        stuff that big fans would recognize it but non-fans wouldn't, like him
        having brothers.

        On 6/18/2011 8:15 PM, Jonathan Reiter wrote:

        > I just saw it today. I loved it, although I wouldn’t see it in 3D,
        > again... 2D is good enough for me... As for any critics, especially
        > the ones who hate anything that is a comic adaptation, You twits don’t
        > understand comics, you don’t understand Movies(either, for god’s
        > sake!) and you sure as h*** don’t know what in h*** you’re talking about!
        > We now take you back to your regularly scheduled email discussion list...
        > Jonathan Michael Reiter
        > jmr

      • eddieginsburg
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 19, 2011
          I am getting so tired of those 3D glasses. The movie was good, not great. It was too long. They did not really enunciate who thomas was.
          Although I hated the moniker "Pieface":, thomas was always an essential way of holding on to Hal's humanity.
          I thought the depiction of the other GLs were great also, as were the guardians

        • snake1866@woh.rr.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 19, 2011
            went to see it yesterday as an early fathers day,my little 1 loved it,even though my is not a comic book lover,she really like the movie as well

            ---- David McMahon <dmcmahon@...> wrote:
            > Personally, I loved the fight between GL and the Dark Jedi he took down
            > ... er ... I mean Hector Hammond. :-P
            > Ryan played a good Hal Jordan and they stuck in enough Jordan legend
            > stuff that big fans would recognize it but non-fans wouldn't, like him
            > having brothers.
            >
            > On 6/18/2011 8:15 PM, Jonathan Reiter wrote:
            > >
            > > I just saw it today. I loved it, although I wouldn’t see it in 3D,
            > > again... 2D is good enough for me... As for any critics, especially
            > > the ones who hate anything that is a comic adaptation, You twits don’t
            > > understand comics, you don’t understand Movies(either, for god’s
            > > sake!) and you sure as h*** don’t know what in h*** you’re talking about!
            > > We now take you back to your regularly scheduled email discussion list...
            > > Jonathan Michael Reiter
            > > jmr

          • MJAmbergei
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 21, 2011
              Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
              battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.

              Mark

              --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterbsullivan@...> wrote:

              > The buzz is very mixed- so I'm getting nervous and it's lessening my excitement- P.
              >
              > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <nightavenger25@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I think it will be excellent, and make more than 300 Million in the United States. Anyone else exited? In it's opening weekend I predict it makes 72 million in the United States.

            • superherostore
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 22, 2011
                My criticism is that we did meet all those members straight away. It must be (as critics have complained it was) imperceptible for newbies. I would have preferred they followed the structure of the comics. Introduce Green Lantern as a hero with a magic ring from a dead alien. Then end with a:
                "Who are you?"
                "We are the Guardians, Green Lantern of Sector 2814"
                "Sector wha-? You mean there's more of me out there?"
                Screen rolls back to see the assembled GLs
                Sinestro comes up and shakes his hand
                "Welcome Green Lantern of Earth to the Green Lantern Corps"
                Cue GL2.

                I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.

                Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!

                Chris

                STARSCAPE
                http://StarscapeOnline.com
                comics, cartoons, music & movies

                --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@...> wrote:

                > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
                > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
                >
                > Mark
              • MJAmbergei
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 22, 2011
                  You made it sound much better!!

                  Mark

                  --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "superherostore" <chrissmillie@...> wrote:

                  > My criticism is that we did meet all those members straight away. It must be (as critics have complained it was) imperceptible for newbies. I would have preferred they followed the structure of the comics. Introduce Green Lantern as a hero with a magic ring from a dead alien. Then end with a:
                  > "Who are you?"
                  > "We are the Guardians, Green Lantern of Sector 2814"
                  > "Sector wha-? You mean there's more of me out there?"
                  > Screen rolls back to see the assembled GLs
                  > Sinestro comes up and shakes his hand
                  > "Welcome Green Lantern of Earth to the Green Lantern Corps"
                  > Cue GL2.
                  >
                  > I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.
                  >
                  > Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!
                  >
                  > Chris
                  >

                  > STARSCAPE
                  > http://StarscapeOnline.com
                  > comics, cartoons, music & movies
                  >
                  > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
                  > > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
                  > >
                  > > Mark

                • Peter
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 23, 2011
                    There may not be a GL2- although #1 at the box office it performed below expectations.
                    If there is a sequel- I hope they get a different director and writers- they need to rethink the concept and make it more interesting to the non-fan audience.
                    Peter

                    --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "superherostore" <chrissmillie@...> wrote:

                    > I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.
                    >
                    > Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!
                    >
                    > Chris
                    >

                    > STARSCAPE
                    > http://StarscapeOnline.com
                    > comics, cartoons, music & movies
                    >
                    > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
                    > > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
                    > >
                    > > Mark

                  • Rich & Deb
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 23, 2011
                      This seems to be a common problem with most superhero movies.

                      Rich Green

                      On Jun 23, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Peter wrote:

                      > If there is a sequel- I hope they get a different director and
                      > writers- they need to rethink the concept
                      > Peter

                    • Peter
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 25, 2011
                        Plus GL may just not be a character that has much appeal to the non-fan audience. It's all about this 'magic ring' that can do anything- so there's rarely any true suspense.
                        Plus the producers and writer couldn't decide whether to focus on the earthbound soap opera or the starbound space opera- you can't have both-
                        Petr