Re: Which version of Wonder Girl is your favorite?

  • terri87indy
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 23 3:02 PM
      Donna Troy, of the New Teen Titans.
    • darci386
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 23 4:37 PM
        There's a Wonder Woman Silver Age group, where they have introduced the rather nice idea that Donna and Drusilla were twins, lost at sea and orphaned when their family's yacht sank. Donna was rescued by a passing ship, while Drusilla came ashore on Paradise Island. Donna was raised by the Troys (or it could have been the Staceys, I forget) as a normal human, while Drusilla was raised to be an Amazon. Wonder Woman discovered their heritage and reunited them at Holliday College. Donna is learning to be an Amazon while Drusilla is learning to pass as a normal human. At any given time, either of them might be working as Wonder Girl. They are so much alike they can pass as each other with the faculty, which makes their shared secret identity more workable.
        Darci

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 23 5:15 PM
          I take it in this theory they've completely ruled out the possibility of Donna actually being a mirror-image doppelganger of Diana?

          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "darci386" <darci386@...> wrote:

          There's a Wonder Woman Silver Age group, where they have introduced the rather nice idea that Donna and Drusilla were twins, lost at sea and orphaned when their family's yacht sank. Donna was rescued by a passing ship, while Drusilla came ashore on Paradise Island. Donna was raised by the Troys (or it could have been the Staceys, I forget) as a normal human, while Drusilla was raised to be an Amazon. Wonder Woman discovered their heritage and reunited them at Holliday College. Donna is learning to be an Amazon while Drusilla is learning to pass as a normal human. At any given time, either of them might be working as Wonder Girl. They are so much alike they can pass as each other with the faculty, which makes their shared secret identity more workable.
          Darci
        • Jonathan Reiter
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 23 6:11 PM
            What’s the name of this group? Is it on Yahoo Groups?
            I need to join it...

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 23 6:44 PM
              Try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wonderwomansilver

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 23 6:56 PM
                Kevin,
                Yes, since they deal only with the pre-CoIEs versions of the characters there's none of the retcons that Donna was connected with the Titans of myth, was a magical duplicate playmate of young Diana, has an alternate version raised by the Anti-Monitor to be the Dark Angel, etc.
                Hope this helps,
                Darci

                --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...> wrote:

                > I take it in this theory they've completely ruled out the possibility of Donna actually being a mirror-image doppelganger of Diana?
                >
                > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "darci386" <darci386@> wrote:
                >
                > There's a Wonder Woman Silver Age group, where they have introduced the rather nice idea that Donna and Drusilla were twins, lost at sea and orphaned when their family's yacht sank. Donna was rescued by a passing ship, while Drusilla came ashore on Paradise Island. Donna was raised by the Troys (or it could have been the Staceys, I forget) as a normal human, while Drusilla was raised to be an Amazon. Wonder Woman discovered their heritage and reunited them at Holliday College. Donna is learning to be an Amazon while Drusilla is learning to pass as a normal human. At any given time, either of them might be working as Wonder Girl. They are so much alike they can pass as each other with the faculty, which makes their shared secret identity more workable.
                > Darci

              • superherostore
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 24 3:17 AM
                  Yeah, the Donna was pretty much a typo of Diana. Only later did Donna become an independent character.

                  --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...> wrote:

                  > Wasn't the "first" one actually untold stories of Wonder Woman when she was younger (same thing with Wonder Tot or whatever they called the baby Wonder Woman), and then they introduced the Donna Troy version around the time they started Teen Titans in the 1960's?
                  >
                  > (And I'm not talking about the John Byrne retcon of Donna's origin.)
                  >
                  > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "blackjack06_wolf" <blackjack06_wolf@> wrote:
                  >
                  > The first one who goes by Donna Troy.
                  >
                  > Blackwolf

                • sadat karim
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 24 3:20 AM
                    Yes, you are right

                    On 4/24/11, superherostore <chrissmillie@...> wrote:
                    > Yeah, the Donna was pretty much a typo of Diana. Only later did Donna
                    > become an independent character.
                    >
                    > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Wasn't the "first" one actually untold stories of Wonder Woman when she
                    >> was younger (same thing with Wonder Tot or whatever they called the baby
                    >> Wonder Woman), and then they introduced the Donna Troy version around the
                    >> time they started Teen Titans in the 1960's?
                    >>
                    >> (And I'm not talking about the John Byrne retcon of Donna's origin.)
                    >>
                    >> --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "blackjack06_wolf"
                    >> <blackjack06_wolf@> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> The first one who goes by Donna Troy.
                    >>
                    >> Blackwolf