Re: Preview : Doc Savage #12

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2011
      From: Richard Pace <tenruck@...>
      To: TheREHcomicsgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, March 10, 2011 9:21:24 AM
      Subject: Re: [TheREHcomicsgroup] Re: Preview : Doc Savage #12

      DC's a mess right now.

      Outside of Batman and Green Lantern, nothing is selling. Batman always
      sells, but it's not selling as well as it historically does and Green
      Lantern sales are likely to collapse after the movie. Their hopes seem
      pegged on the new line of hard cover original retellings of Superman and
      Batman.

      I'd say they were rudderless, but they've been captained into this place,
      despite appearances to the contrary. I can actually see a day where WB
      shutters DC and gets Dark Horse to publish their line in the same way Disney
      has all its licenses at Marvel now.

      The editors probably didn't care for the material, really. I recall being
      told that an editor in charge of a batch of S&S comics at DC-imprint
      Wildstorm hated fantasy comics. No surprise that line tanked.

      DC has largely turned into amateur-hour comics. Really sad considering its
      history and some of the people working there.

      ~R