Re: A worthy cause

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2011
      From: "ComicSnobb@..." <ComicSnobb@...>
      To: Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, January 7, 2011 8:21:27 PM
      Subject: A worthy cause

      From: TwoMorrows <twomorrow@...>
      To: Yahoo <twomorrows@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, Jan 7, 2011 9:09 pm
      Subject: [twomorrows] Let's help TwoMorrows colorist Tom Ziuko

      Listers,
      My friend and longtime colorist for TwoMorrows has been hospitalized the
      last few weeks for acute kidney failure. As a freelancer, he's going to be
      faced with some tough financial difficulties when he gets out of the hospital,
      and Alan Kupperberg is spearheading a fundraising effort to help Tom out.

      Whether you've enjoyed Tom's stellar color work on all the Marvel and DC
      books he's colored since the 1970s, or on the bulk of TwoMorrows' own output
      since 1994, I hope you'll consider ANY kind of donation. As Alan Kupperberg
      said on his Facebook page, if everyone reading this donated even $1 apiece,
      it'd be a huge help.

      Please do what you can. I've known Tom for over 15 years now, and I can
      vouch for the fact that he's one of the most generous, talented guys in comics.
      Let's all give a little back to a great guy!

      Send Paypal payments to Alan's account at:

      kupperberg@...

      And below is Alan's original appeal on Tom's behalf.

      Best regards,
      John Morrow
      TwoMorrows Inc.
      10407 Bedfordtown Dr.
      Raleigh, NC 27614
      919-449-0344
      fax 919-449-0327
      _http://www.twomorrows.com/_ (http://www.twomorrows.com/)

      A URGENT APPEAL FOR A FELLOW FREELANCER IN TROUBLE.
      Tom Ziuko, good guy, great friend and color artist supreme needs our help!
      Tom is about to go into his fourth week of hospitalization in Niagara Falls.
      Tom spent the entire holiday season fighting acute kidney failure and
      several unrelated but severely painful conditions. The good news is that the
      doctors seem to have finally stumbled on a series of treatments and therapies
      that have Tom seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. The bad news is
      that Tom, uninsured and unable to work since the beginning of December, is in
      a tough financial bind.

      Can you help? If all of my Friends on FB were to contribute even one dollar
      apiece it would be a tremendous boon to Tom. If you want to do a good deed
      and are able, Tom and I would be so grateful. You can send any contributions
      to my PayPal account (_kupperberg@..._
      (mailto:kupperberg@...) ) and I will pass 100% (plus) along to Tom.

      Tom's cable service has been shut down but he has internet access in the
      hospital. If you wish to contact him, his address is: _Atomica999@..._
      (mailto:Atomica999@...)

      Thanks so much to all those who can and will help.

      -30-