Re: DC tired of being number 2

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
      From: "ComicSnobb@..." <ComicSnobb@...>
      To: Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 3, 2011 8:43:32 PM
      Subject: [Marvel_Comics_Universe] DC tired of being number 2

      from
      _http://www.comicbookresources.com/_ (http://www.comicbookresources.com/)

      The publisher announced today on its The Source blog that later this year
      it will reinstate letter columns in its monthly DC Universe titles. The
      program's focal point wll be centered at DCletterspage.com. The traditional
      first

      point of connection between fans and editorial, the back-of-issue forum for
      questions, compliments and complaints was phased out of the publisher's
      comics in 2002 in lieu of online message boards and other more immediate
      interaction provided by the Web.
      The move back to letter columns came hand-in-hand with a note from DC
      Entertainment President Diane Nelson where she outlined the major selling points

      for the company this year, both of which were tagged "DCU in 2011" – a
      heading the publisher has used for strings of announcements in the past. To help

      prepare for the expected onslaught of news from DC, CBR News spoke
      exclusively with DC Co-Publishers Dan Dido and Jim Lee about the letter columns
      return and how it will work differently from the internet, the publisher's
      incoming "Hold The Line at $2.99" move to set all of its monthly books at the
      same

      price point, their plans to shape but not expand the line surrounding the
      "Green Lantern" movie, original graphic novels, digital comics and more.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
        Y'know, it's bad enough enough having to deal with "ComicSnobb" and his many anti-DC sentiments in various pro-Marvel groups, but couldn't you at least have changed his annoying message title when you're posting this on a (supposedly) PRO-DC discussion group?!?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
          I don't think Avis uses the "we're number 2, so we try harder" advertising
          campaign any longer, so perhaps DC could adopt it? It happens to be a fact,
          even if they blame the DC Implosion in 1978 on Martin Goodman.
          ???

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
            I'm not familiar with the DC implosion in 78 on Martin Goodman -
            wasn't buying comics at the time. Could you fill me in with a few
            facts? (doesn't have to be many) Thanks.

            Rich Green

            On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:24 PM, Darci wrote:

            > I don't think Avis uses the "we're number 2, so we try harder"
            > advertising
            > campaign any longer, so perhaps DC could adopt it? It happens to be
            > a fact,
            > even if they blame the DC Implosion in 1978 on Martin Goodman.
            > ???
            > Darci

          • Rich & Deb
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
              Thanks in advance, but your assistance is no longer needed. I did a
              google search on the subject and found lots of info.

              Rich Green