Re: Young Justice on Cartoon Channel

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
      A few years ago, there was a JLU story arc which retconned Power Girl's origin
      to be a Cadmus clone of Supergirl. (They used the nickname Tea (from Galatea,
      from the play about Pygmalion.)) It looked like they reused that for this
      version of Superboy. The members of Young Justice were very lucky Superboy
      didn't turn out like Tea, or they wouldn't have had a chance once they were
      caught at Cadmus. Basically, it disproved Speedy's point, they really weren't
      ready to join the Justice League.

      BTW, I just listened
      to http://www.dccomics.com/media/podcasts/DCComics_2010-07-23_DC_Nation_Special_Edition_at_SDCC_2010.mp3 to
      get an explanation why Wonder Girl didn't appear. They mention her around the
      55 minute mark, but if there was an explanation I didn't get it.
      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        I loved the premiere of Young Justice! I thought the animation was really nice,
        the introductory aspects of all the characters were good and overall the story
        was a great start. The characterizations were also spot on for the most part
        although Robin, who is supposed to be the Dick Grayson version, seemed more Tim
        Drake to me.

        While there had been licensing issues in the past with Wonder Girl, the DC
        podcast says there are plans for Wonder Girl and Arrowette in Young Justice but
        the immediate storyline they had in mind "was not a Wonder Girl story" therefore
        they plan to bring in Artemis first. Reports have said that Artemis is someone
        already established in the DC Universe, but I'm not sure who she is yet. And
        whether the Wonder Girl they introduce is Donna or Cassie remains to be seen
        since, like it or not, this team is comprised of characters from both "legacy"
        eras.

        I haven't read Brightest Day yet, so Young Justice was my first intro to the new
        Aqualad (Jackson Hyde). He seems like a well-rounded, smart, capable guy with
        cool powers. I'm looking forward to more!! And, I believe Garth (the original
        Aqualad) is supposed to make an appearance as well so in this case, more is
        better.

        Fans will always have something to say about the translation from comic book to
        TV screen (different origins, the "wrong" character, etc.). (I for one didn't
        love the Teen Titans cartoon.) But, I'm happy to see Young Justice/Teen Titans
        get some attention in any form--and the YJ cartoon looks pretty good so far.

        P.S. I cannot wait to see more of Miss Martian!!!!

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
          Now where Can I watch Young Justice????
          Blackwolf

          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Jered Gold <jered_gold@...> wrote:

          > I loved the premiere of Young Justice! I thought the animation was really nice,
          > the introductory aspects of all the characters were good and overall the story
          > was a great start. The characterizations were also spot on for the most part
          > although Robin, who is supposed to be the Dick Grayson version, seemed more Tim
          > Drake to me.
          >

          > While there had been licensing issues in the past with Wonder Girl, the DC
          > podcast says there are plans for Wonder Girl and Arrowette in Young Justice but
          > the immediate storyline they had in mind "was not a Wonder Girl story" therefore
          > they plan to bring in Artemis first. Reports have said that Artemis is someone
          > already established in the DC Universe, but I'm not sure who she is yet. And
          > whether the Wonder Girl they introduce is Donna or Cassie remains to be seen
          > since, like it or not, this team is comprised of characters from both "legacy"
          > eras.
          >

          > I haven't read Brightest Day yet, so Young Justice was my first intro to the new
          > Aqualad (Jackson Hyde). He seems like a well-rounded, smart, capable guy with
          > cool powers. I'm looking forward to more!! And, I believe Garth (the original
          > Aqualad) is supposed to make an appearance as well so in this case, more is
          > better.
          >

          > Fans will always have something to say about the translation from comic book to
          > TV screen (different origins, the "wrong" character, etc.). (I for one didn't
          > love the Teen Titans cartoon.) But, I'm happy to see Young Justice/Teen Titans
          > get some attention in any form--and the YJ cartoon looks pretty good so far.
          >

          > P.S. I cannot wait to see more of Miss Martian!!!!

        • David McMahon
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
            Starts in January. They may run the one hour premiere movie again
            sometime before that.