Re: Guess what: JMS is leaving early!

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2010
      Wow! I've been thinking neither of his story arcs for Superman nor Wonder Woman
      garnered a lot of positive reaction from fans of either character, but I didn't
      expect this. After unexpectedly departing The Twelve, he's developing quite a
      reputation for this.
      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2010
        I'll admit that I haven't been following the Superman story at all. But I really like the way Wonder Woman has been going. I still think of it as more of an Elseworld story since no other publications seem to be acknowledging her absence. Donna Troy and Wonder Girl keep going strong as if they have never had anything to do with Wonder Woman or the Island. I guess Supergirl got her training somewhere else too. There is no telling how many other female characters out there have been trained there at one point or another. It just seems like pulling a major character out of continuity like that should have had bigger ripples.

        At the end of it, I want her to go around and visit everyone else's books and smack them around and ask, "You didn't even realize I was gone???" Or a Rosanne Barr (to old Becky) moment when Batman asks, "Where the hell have you been?"

        I'll admit I'm disappointed in how little Wonder Woman appears to matter to the DC universe.

        As an Elseworld book though, its still a good read and I've gotten used to the new costume. The extra straps on the corset and the spurs still bug me. The straps aren't leather. And gold isn't that flexible. Its not thick enough to be armor. What the hell is it supposed to be? What it ends up being in distracting from an otherwise cool looking update.

        But otherwise, the artwork is awesome!

        JeffBearCO