TRDL's Third Rail Thrills, no. 36 - Cheshire

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 12:00 PM
      This illustration was done for the R3 Jam on TRDL's R3 Forum. Artists
      can participate in any open jams by heading here
      <http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27>. The
      subject this time: Cheshire, from DC Comics.

      I like the character of Cheshire, though not so much the costume, with
      all the green on green semi-swashbuckler details and very 80?s headband
      and one-sleeve action. But She reminds me, in tone, of where Viper could
      have gone but didn't: fast-acting poisons, extreme martial arts skills,
      and most interesting, the babymomma thing. I tried to give her a
      mixed-ethnicity vibe in her face and skin tone, reflecting the
      vietnamese-french background. I like how it turned out.

      This is also the first piece with the new trade dress for Third Rail
      Design Lab. More to come!

      Please enjoy

      Click through below to read more about it and see process pics and the
      like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.
      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      :::

      Options!

      You can see this illustration here on the R3 Forum:
      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17778&p=148075#p148075
      Or here, as above, on the TRDL blog:
      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2010/08/25/third-rail-thrills-36-cheshire-pin-up/
      And you can see a larger view right off my TRDL Illustration Site, here:
      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/images/trdlp36_cheshirez.jpg
      A choice for everyone!

      Thanks for looking,
      Thom