Biker Heroes?

  • bikersincerefriend0
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 27, 2006
      Besides Nomad and Captain America (and The Falcon); who used to ride motorcycles back in the 1970s, what other Biker superheroes have there been? Ghost Rider is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

      Any others?
    • King Hyperion
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3, 2006

        Lest we forget….TEAM AMERICA !  A Group of 3 hard ridin’ red, white & blue spandex wearing bikers, who solve crimes, and fight villains. But that’s not all! They also have a connection with the mysterious black clad Marauder!

        Yes, it was as badly as it sounds, mid 80’s serious and IIRC the connection with the Marauder was resolved by revealing that the three of them were mutants and that he was a composite of them.   I don’t think they have been seen since.

        Oh look, they have a wikientry!

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_America_%28comics%29

        Besides Nomad and Captain America (and The Falcon); who used to ride motorcycles back in the 1970s, what other Biker superheroes have there been? Ghost Rider is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

        Any others?

      • Rashon
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 3, 2006
          Don`t forget Ghost Rider or the fact that Wolverine is often seen riding a  motorcycle

          King Hyperion <King.Hyperion@...> wrote:
          Lest we forget….TEAM AMERICA !  A Group of 3 hard ridin’ red, white & blue spandex wearing bikers, who solve crimes, and fight villains. But that’s not all! They also have a connection with the mysterious black clad Marauder!
          Yes, it was as badly as it sounds, mid 80’s serious and IIRC the connection with the Marauder was resolved by revealing that the three of them were mutants and that he was a composite of them.   I don’t think they have been seen since.
          Oh look, they have a wikientry!

          Besides Nomad and Captain America (and The Falcon); who used to ride motorcycles back in the 1970s, what other Biker superheroes have there been? Ghost Rider is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

          Any others?

          09-11-01 Will Never be forgotten

        • King Hyperion
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 3, 2006

            We could also add in the Punisher, who famously drove a motorcycle through the sewers of… Tampa in the movies at least.

            King Hyperion <King.Hyperion@ gmail.com> wrote:

            Lest we forget….TEAM AMERICA !  A Group of 3 hard ridin’ red, white & blue spandex wearing bikers, who solve crimes, and fight villains. But that’s not all! They also have a connection with the mysterious black clad Marauder!

            Yes, it was as badly as it sounds, mid 80’s serious and IIRC the connection with the Marauder was resolved by revealing that the three of them were mutants and that he was a composite of them.   I don’t think they have been seen since.

            Oh look, they have a wikientry!

            size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 3, 2006
              Also Captain America  had a customized motorcycle in  both the comics and made  for TV m ovies

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 3, 2006

                Oh Yeah, I had forgotten about the CA TV movies, I only saw them once, about 25 years ago!  But I do recall that he had motorcycle which could go silent, pretty cool for the 70’s.

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 3, 2006
                  Vigilante, Black Canary and Wildcat for sure.  Barbara (Batgirl) Gordon rode one.  Dick (Robin) Grayson, especially during his Hudson U. days.  And while we haven't seen it recently, I'm sure the Batcycle is still out there. -- Kent

                  Besides Nomad and Captain America (and The Falcon); who used to ride motorcycles back in the 1970s, what other Biker superheroes have there been? Ghost Rider is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

                  Any others?

                • oliver harper
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 4, 2006
                    i like team america. the resolution of the
                    mistery of black clad marauder was very well. when will returns team america ?
                    oliver harper
                    http://journeytothecomics.freesuperhost.com

                    King Hyperion <King.Hyperion@...> escribió:
                    Lest we forget….TEAM AMERICA !  A Group of 3 hard ridin’ red, white & blue spandex wearing bikers, who solve crimes, and fight villains. But that’s not all! They also have a connection with the mysterious black clad Marauder!
                    Yes, it was as badly as it sounds, mid 80’s serious and IIRC the connection with the Marauder was resolved by revealing that the three of them were mutants and that he was a composite of them.   I don’t think they have been seen since.
                    Oh look, they have a wikientry!

                    Besides Nomad and Captain America (and The Falcon); who used to ride motorcycles back in the 1970s, what other Biker superheroes have there been? Ghost Rider is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

                    Any others?

                    “In brightest day, in blackest night,
                    No evil shall escape my sight!
                    Let those who worship evil’s might
                    Beware my power – Green Lantern’s Light!”

                    LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
                    http://es.voice.yahoo.com

                  • UBUNTU
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 4, 2006
                      Actually that means none of the heroes in either realm were "bikers", all of these mentioned people rode motorcycles as an incidental part of the character. Name five heroes that have tattoos.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 4, 2006

                        Roy Harper/Arsenal or Red Arrow whichever name he is going by now; Grace; Jack (Starman) Knight; Supergirl (if the Kandor storyline really happened).  Yeah I know, that's only 4 not 5. -- Kent

                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 4, 2006
                          I could only think of a few myself... and those were martial arts or
                          Military related characters like Shang Chi (Marvel's Master of Kung
                          Fu)Iron Fist, Sergeant Rock... Damon Hellstrom (son of Satan) was
                          another, I believe Marvel did more Mystic Brands than tattoos though.
                          Magneto was another Tattooed character but his tattooes were from the
                          holocaust. but there were more villains that had tattoos than heroes
                          honestly. There was one Character called tattoed man in DC... but I
                          dont remember honestly if he was a villian or hero, I think Villain.

                          --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Kent P" <kphenis@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Roy Harper/Arsenal or Red Arrow whichever name he is going by now;
                          Grace; Jack (Starman) Knight; Supergirl (if the Kandor storyline
                          really happened). Yeah I know, that's only 4 not 5. -- Kent

                        • Mark Milton
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 5, 2006
                            In the original question the poster cites as examples Noman, Captain America & Falcon.   Being Bikers was just as incidental to those characters as it is for Black Canary, Wildcat & Robin.   Outside of Ghost Rider, Vigilante (Silver Age)  & Team America aka Thuderriders, you will be hard pressed to find characters for whom the motorcycle is intergal.

                            Regarding Tat's : Bishop, & Rachel Summers are the first to come to mind, although IIRC the Native American Shaman at the end of the previous JLA had some, as does Grace of the Outsiders.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 5, 2006

                              Better than I expected. I think there are two Supergirls, excluding Power Girl, if she's still alive.

                              • baker221b@isp.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 8, 2006

                                  Wasn't that a ridiculous spoof made the the same people that made South Park?

                                  Little dolls that go around blowing up Arabs just for the hell of it.

                                  > i like team america. the resolution of the mistery of black clad
                                  > marauder was very well. when will returns team america ?
                                  > oliver harper
                                  > http://journeytothecomics.freesuperhost.com
                                  >

                                  > King Hyperion <King.Hyperion@...> escribió:
                                  />> Lest we forget….TEAM AMERICA! A Group of 3 hard ridin’ red,
                                  > white & blue spandex wearing bikers, who solve crimes, and
                                  > fight villains. But that’s not all! They also have a
                                  > connection with the mysterious black clad Marauder!
                                  >
                                  > Yes, it was as badly as it sounds, mid 80’s serious and IIRC the
                                  > connection with the Marauder was resolved by revealing that the three of
                                  > them were mutants and that he was a composite of them. I don’t think
                                  > they have been seen since.
                                  >
                                  > Oh look, they have a wikientry!
                                  >
                                  > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_America_%28comics%29
                                  >

                                  > ---------------------------------

                                  > Besides Nomad and Captain America (and The Falcon); who used to
                                  > ride motorcycles back in the 1970s, what other Biker superheroes
                                  > have there been? Ghost Rider is the only one that I can think of
                                  > off the top of my head.
                                  >
                                  > Any others?
                                  >

                                  > --

                                  > --

                                  />>

                                  > “In brightest day, in blackest night,
                                  > No evil shall escape my sight!
                                  > Let those who worship evil’s might
                                  > Beware my power – Green Lantern’s Light!”

                                  > http://es.voice.yahoo.com

                                  Join ISP.COM today - $8.95 internet, less than 1/2 the cost of AOL!
                                  Try us out, http://www.isp.com/
                                • King Hyperion
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 8, 2006

                                    Probably Never. After all they have not shown up among the 198.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 8, 2006

                                      Same Name, entirely different concept & characters.

                                      From: DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com