[DCU] Re: Classic BATMAN villains

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
      This has been a discussion of possible villains for a future Batman movie . . . not sure if I understand what you mean by "it doesn't make any sen[s]e".

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, ashwin kumar <ashwin_has@...> wrote:

      what kind of conversation in mail..... it doesn't make any sence

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
        Victor Zsasz. That is all.

        Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle. - (Super Mario Bros.)

        From: Mark Ambergei <cinema_paradiso70@...>

        To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com

        Date: Saturday, 12 June, 2010, 1:12 AM

        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Primitiv" <primitivx@...> wrote:

        > I am not sure if I agree with let's keep it broad. I am quite sure Two-face or Ra's Al Ghul were not well known from the general public and it didn't keep the movies from being made or people from seeing them. I think that people go to see Batman, and hope for Catwoman maybe but who the villain is will not keep anybody away from the theater.

        > For my part, I would like to see less known, interesting villains because the way they can be played is very open to the actor. I quite like the interpretation of Sandman in Spider-man 3 for example.

        > My top choices would be Hush, Black Mask, Clayface, Killer Croc, and Red Hood.

        > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Ambergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:

        > > xmscity,

        > > I get your point & have to agree...so now that I think about it,

        > > I wouldn't mind seeing another actress play CATWOMAN on the big screen again.

        > > Mark

        > > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@> wrote:

        > > > You're making the classic mistake of believing they should be catering to comic book readers. They wouldn't make any money (well, not very much) doing that.

        > > > They've got to broaden who they're marketing to and try to grab the attention of the typical person who has to choose between the latest Batman movie, some chick-flick, another mindless teenage vampire romance, and whatever else is playing in the theaters that week.

        > > > How do you do that? Stick to the name villains that just about EVERYONE has heard of, even if they haven't ever read a Batman comic.

        > > > (And by the way, I don't believe the villains in the first of the Bale-starring Batman movies had ever appeared in previous Batman movies or the TV show before, had they? And maybe they can squeeze in lesser-know villains in a movie as well, but you'll get more buzz if there's at least one name villain in a sequal.)

        > > > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Ambergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:

        > > > Another Mark from my group posted an article about the possibility that Joseph Gordon-Levitt could be the next screen Riddler...

        > > > I was just wondering since Batman certainly had more classic villains than any other DC hero, why repeat villains but use the ones that so far have been shamefully ignored by film makers. Wouldn't HARLEY QUINN, CLAYFACE, CATMAN or KILLER CROC be sensational on the big screen?!!

        > > > & there's still so many others...

        > > > Mark

      • Shane Zapcic
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
          I'd say that batman needs more green so i'd have to go with.....the riddler. Yep.
          Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle. - (Super Mario Bros.)

          From: Mark Ambergei <cinema_paradiso70@...>

          To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com

          Date: Saturday, 12 June, 2010, 1:12 AM

        • cvrcvr@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
              --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Ambergei" <cinema_paradiso70@...> wrote:

              > Another Mark from my group posted an article about the possibility that Joseph Gordon-Levitt could be the next screen Riddler...
              >
              > I was just wondering since Batman certainly had more classic villains than any other DC hero, why repeat villains but use the ones that so far have been shamefully ignored by film makers. Wouldn't HARLEY QUINN, CLAYFACE, CATMAN or KILLER CROC be sensational on the big screen?!!
              > & there's still so many others...
              >
              > Mark

            • superherostore
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 12, 2010
                Clayface could be a great disturbing horror film. I'd go for him. Probably that Alan Moore story when Clayface takes up residence in a department store. Be almost like a haunted house.

                Chris

                STARSCAPE
                http://StarscapeOnline.com
                comics, cartoons, music & movies
              • A M
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 14, 2010
                  I'd say, let's go back into the TV series and pull out the likes of
                  Louie the Lillac, played by Milton Berl
                  How about King Tut?
                  Egg Head?
                  The Mad Hatter?
                  No one can ever replace the villian played by Liberace and his brother George...
                  What about Bookworm, played by a mighty young, Roddy McDowell?
                  Hey, I know, how about Ma Barker and her boys???
                  We keep getting the regulars. How many times are we going to toy around with Penguin, Riddler, Joker and Catwoman?
                   Angel

                  From: Mark Ambergei <cinema_paradiso70@...>

                  To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com

                  Date: Saturday, 12 June, 2010, 1:12 AM