SUPER-HERO TRIVIA

  • ABBCOS
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
      Which TV super-hero appeared in the classic 1939 film "GONE WITH WIND". What role was he billed as and what role did he actually play?
    • Rich & Deb
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
        don't remember the character's name, but it was my childhood hero -
        George Reeves aka Superman!

        Followup question - who was the first movie screen Superman and where
        did he come from?

        On Apr 13, 2010, at 2:47 PM, ABBCOS wrote:

        > Which TV super-hero appeared in the classic 1939 film "GONE WITH
        > WIND". What role was he billed as and what role did he actually play?

      • David McMahon
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
          It was George Reeves. But having never actually seen more than 15
          minutes of the movie, I can't answer the rest.

          ABBCOS wrote:

          > Which TV super-hero appeared in the classic 1939 film "GONE WITH
          > WIND". What role was he billed as and what role did he actually play?

        • skeletors_hood
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
            The first movie screen Superman was Kirk Alyn, from Oxford New Jersey.

            Stuart Tarleton was the character that George Reeve played in "Gone with the Wind."

            What cult/comic book character did Joey Lawrence (from TV's "Blossom") play?

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
              I thought it was Wharton NJ?

              On Apr 13, 2010, at 5:26 PM, skeletors_hood wrote:

              > The first movie screen Superman was Kirk Alyn, from Oxford New Jersey.
              >
              > Stuart Tarleton was the character that George Reeve played in "Gone
              > with the Wind."
              >
              > What cult/comic book character did Joey Lawrence (from TV's
              > "Blossom") play?
              >
              > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Rich & Deb
              > <debrich1@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > don't remember the character's name, but it was my childhood hero -
              > > George Reeves aka Superman!
              > >
              > > Followup question - who was the first movie screen Superman and
              > where
              > > did he come from?
              > >

              > > On Apr 13, 2010, at 2:47 PM, ABBCOS wrote:
              > >
              > > > Which TV super-hero appeared in the classic 1939 film "GONE WITH
              > > > WIND". What role was he billed as and what role did he actually
              > play?

            • Rich & Deb
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
                I cheated and looked it up. Was it Pulse?

                > What cult/comic book character did Joey Lawrence (from TV's
                > "Blossom") play?
                >
                > ---

              • skeletors_hood
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
                  I looked him up both on Wikipedia and imdb.com....he's from Oxford, NJ.

                  --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Rich & Deb <debrich1@...> wrote:

                  > I thought it was Wharton NJ?
                  >

                  > On Apr 13, 2010, at 5:26 PM, skeletors_hood wrote:
                  >

                  > > The first movie screen Superman was Kirk Alyn, from Oxford New Jersey.
                  > >
                  > > Stuart Tarleton was the character that George Reeve played in "Gone
                  > > with the Wind."
                  > >
                  > > What cult/comic book character did Joey Lawrence (from TV's
                  > > "Blossom") play?
                  > >
                  > > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Rich & Deb
                  > > <debrich1@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > don't remember the character's name, but it was my childhood hero -
                  > > > George Reeves aka Superman!
                  > > >
                  > > > Followup question - who was the first movie screen Superman and
                  > > where
                  > > > did he come from?

                  > > play?

                • Richard
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 13, 2010
                    Pulled out my newspaper article to clear up my confusion-

                    from the Star Ledger, NJ newspaper (I live in NJ, near Wharton) -

                    "Alyn was born in the Oxford on Oct 8, 1910 but spent his formative years in Wharton." (I shortened it for brevity.