Batman's Brave and the Bold

  • Johan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2010
      The cartoon is essentially simplifying for me why I always liked BB over any other Batman (or DC) books; it best exemplifies Batman as the loner meeting up (supposedly randomly) with these other characters.

      The first BB issue I saw was Batman and the Metal Men (#121, I believe)

      This was aspired with Spiderman, but truthfully, there was just no reason for "Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman" to be the loner he professed to be, resulting in meetings with Warlock as it did.

      I've heard there were attempts to distinguish who Spiderman met, who the Thing met, and there may have been the same attempts made with Superman in DCCP and Batman, but truth be told, in checking lists, they essentially met the same mainstream characters at each company. Of them all, Batman, to me, and I have NEVER been a fan of the character, is the only one who is effective in this market.

      The cartoon is only proving that.