Re: [DCU] Greetings from Third Rail Design Lab

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 18, 2010
      Well, Thaddeus T, I admit your attempts at metaphor are curious. The
      intent of the original question was: anyone want to see some art, for
      free, and if so, DC only, or multiple publishers. I'd say probably 40%
      of my mainstream work is DC characters, but you have illuminated me to
      the fact that this group is intended for comics discussion rather than
      inclusive of art. I've got no problem with that. If this isn't a good
      fit for my offer, no harm done.
      Have fun!

      ThaddeusT wrote:

      > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com>, Thom <wrongrobot@...>
      > wrote:
      > > and Ted seems opposed to any art
      > > at all. Is that right?
      >
      > Absolutely not right. My argument is simply this: The name of this
      > group says DC Comics, and the description says, "Discuss your favorite
      > D.C. Comics . . ." and " . . . this is your DC Comics Headquarters!"
      > That's what I joined for. Would you go to a Nikon board to talk about
      > your Canon? Would you post comments about your favorite jazz musicians
      > on a board dedicated to heavy metal? As someone else noted, there are
      > plenty of groups dedicated to indies. Why not go where your audience is?
      >
      > By the way, I haven't contributed anything to the boards previously
      > because I've only recently begun to renew my acquaintance with the DC
      > Universe. I'm 55 and grew up reading and collecting DC comics almost
      > exclusively. Green Lantern always held the top spot among my
      > favorites, and my interest was aroused when I learned (belatedly) of
      > Green Lantern Rebirth. I was drawn back in further after seeing that
      > GL is at the epicenter of the latest "DC Explosion." At 3 or 4 bucks a
      > pop, it's a little tough for me to catch up on all the Blackest Night
      > issues at once, without drawing the ire of my wife. I'll be glad when
      > it's over and I'll be able to concentrate on a core group of titles.
      >
      > There's some great work being produced by DC these days. I'm looking
      > forward to reading and participating in future discussions about it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ted

    • Primitiv
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 18, 2010
        I can understand the "Let's talk about DC Comics only" point made. However, there has been a lot of off topic things that have been discussed here, and having an artist wanting to share his art does not seem that bad when I recall other topics, including a rant on people fitness and their lack of exercise.

        Truth be told, there hasn't been a lot of interesting things said here in quite some while, and if this board was getting a hundred messages a week on topic, I would tend to agree with a "stay within DC world" rule. But seeing how vacant this board is most of the time, I cannot see why any discussion concerning comics would be so vehemently discarded.
      • .
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
          Hi Skikantaza,
          Your post gave me a nice surprise, you describe my group exactly
          with all the main DC characters as well as those DC borrowed from other companies at one time or another like TARZAN, THE PHANTOM, DOC SAVAGE(huge album on him) PETER CANNON THUNDERBOLT, CAPTAIN ATOM etc. I know you'll love it...

          Hope you also like all things Batgirl, Bat-Woman, Bat-Hound,
          Bat-Mite etc......

          Mark