Re: What Is Your Local Comic Shop Like?

  • michael lindsey
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2005
      Sounds like you have a shop like the ones I go to. We have two here
      in Fort Wayne, one owned by one guy, the other by his sister. They
      have done so well by me that I cross advertise for them at my video
      game shop. I walk in, my order is on the counter waiting for me by
      the time I get to it. If I call they go out of their way to make
      sure that they can find what I am lookin for. Also with the amount
      of books I subscribe to I get a 20% discount, but they will also
      extend it to any other new title I happen to sample even if I decide
      I don't want a subscription to it. They honestly make it fun for me
      to spend my money there.

      --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "cacfan" <cacfan@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "amazing63"
      > <amazing63@b...> wrote:
      > > So what brings you back to your local shop?> NOthing.
      > >
      > > Here in South Florida the local Comic Shop owners always seemed
      > hire annoying long-haired, tattooed, earinged, pot-head/druggie
      geek
      > types to run their shops. Most of the time these druggies would
      sell
      > out of the HOT issues because they did not order enough, so they
      > would raise the price and sell some from the subscriber bags.
      > >
      > > The only way to avoid it seemed to be to kiss thier ass and buy
      > them pizza on Dleivery Days, which some collectors did. If you did
      > not stand around and tell them how wonderful they were, they would
      > always screw up your weekly Comic Book subscriptions by leaving
      out
      > anything that was HOT.
      > >
      > > So after a couple of years of consistenly missing
      the "rare" "HOT"

    • miladyspet@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2005
        I shop at Nan's in Houston. They have been there for years and their reputation is "If it is out there, we will get it for you." Example of this, they were picketed a few years ago because they actually carried the serial killer board game. They are serious about getting their customers what they want.

        CCC.