Re: [DCU] Two questions about Wonder Woman and characters named Bast

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2009
      I just re-read the Wonder Woman Annual #4 from 1995. The first three pages depict some Egyptians looting a temple.  It's set in the relatively recent past, since later we learn they were working for one of Barbara Minerva's cohorts, Asher.  All we ever see are a statue of Bast and its shadow.
      Later, we saw a statue of Balum which apparently comes to life when its temple was defiled.  Like the status of Bast, it appears to be roughly double human size.  I think we are supposed to believe that Bast, like Balum, took revenge on her temple's defilers.  It's not as explicit as Balum's actions.

      According to the DCUguide, Lansinar is a hidden city.  The Bast from there is not the Egyptian goddess.  I don't know his ancestry, so I don't know if he's an alien or half-alien.
      Hope this helps,

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
        Thanks!