my Step 9

  • actionheroes
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
      Step 9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

      Over the past years that this group has been operational, I have offended many people. Sometimes it was just an honest difference of opinion and I had no malice in my heart. Many times it was a combination of a difference of opinion and my baiting people and getting them upset just for the sake of seeing them get angry. Other times I was the one that was upset because someone had gotten the best of me. Either way, there are numerous instances where I acted disgracefully and in a very immature manner.

      Will I ever completely change and stop? Maybe or not. However, as part of Step 9, I would like to make direct amends to everyone on this group that I have offended. There are some who are gone from the group. I guess my remorse and apology will have to travel to them through the universal consciousness if such a thing exists. I am very sorry that so many great opportunities to build bonds and understanding where damaged on my part. I can only make amends for my actions. I could have acted better. I hope to do so in the future.

      Thanks to everyone for reading this.

      Best wishes,

      Albert
    • primitivx
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "actionheroes" <actionheroes@...> wrote:

        > Step 9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
        >
        > Over the past years that this group has been operational, I have offended many people. Sometimes it was just an honest difference of opinion and I had no malice in my heart. Many times it was a combination of a difference of opinion and my baiting people and getting them upset just for the sake of seeing them get angry. Other times I was the one that was upset because someone had gotten the best of me. Either way, there are numerous instances where I acted disgracefully and in a very immature manner.
        >
        > Will I ever completely change and stop? Maybe or not. However, as part of Step 9, I would like to make direct amends to everyone on this group that I have offended. There are some who are gone from the group. I guess my remorse and apology will have to travel to them through the universal consciousness if such a thing exists. I am very sorry that so many great opportunities to build bonds and understanding where damaged on my part. I can only make amends for my actions. I could have acted better. I hope to do so in the future.
        >
        > Thanks to everyone for reading this.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Albert

        This is very commendable, as it denotes an increase level of maturity, as well as an awareness of others feelings. One must gain strength, first by recognizing his weaknesses, then finding ways to turn them into agents of change and enlightment.

        It has always been been apparent to me that you are a person of culture and great intelligence, and that you are capable of great things as long as you channel your gifts towards positive goals.

        I do not know the reasons of the darkness that at times inhabits you, but I give you credit for your efforts in liberating yourself from it. You have my complete support, and you give me an occasion to search my own heart.

        My very best wishes for you too Albert.

        -Yves
      • Marci
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
          Asking for forgiveness is a major step in being healthy......it is hard to look at one's own faults and flaws...

          Thanks for sharing

          Marci

          I have been driven many times to my knees
               by the overwhelming conviction that
                      I have nowhere else to go-----
                                       --Abraham Lincoln

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
            Marci <> Asking for forgiveness is a major step in being healthy......it is hard to look at one's own faults and flaws...

            That's a great quote from Abraham Lincoln!!
          • Marci

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2009
                Marci <dresdendoll54@...> wrote: This quote has gotten me through some REALLY dark days!

                You turn it over to God!