JSA place and more

  • argotron
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21 11:20 PM
      Hello,

      Nice to find this Yahoo Group. I'm a new member and I would already like to ask you two questions:

      1. Since Earth-2 does no longer exists in the current continuity, where does the events on the current JSA volume take place?
      2. Is any of you guys from Avon, Colorado or any of you knows the local comic book guy from Avon, Colorado?

      Thank you,
      Argotron.
      Message 2 of 6 , May 22 8:11 AM
        Argotron,
        The Multiverse is back, courtesy of the miniseries 52 in 2006 (which was retconning what happened in the Infinite Crisis miniseries from 2005).  Not every universe is back exactly as it was before CoIE, but it's close.  The JSA is on the new Earth-2.
        Hope this helps,

        Message 3 of 6 , May 22 8:45 AM
          Thank you, Darci. So current Earth-2 is like the old Earth-2 before
          COIE, but with no Superman (Kal-L), right?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 22 12:30 PM
            Argotron,
            There are other differences, but that's pretty close. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-Two#Post-52_version%c2%a0

            On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Darci <darci386@yahoo. com> wrote:

            > Argotron,
            > The Multiverse is back, courtesy of the miniseries 52 in 2006 (which was
            > retconning what happened in the Infinite Crisis miniseries from 2005).  Not
            > every universe is back exactly as it was before CoIE, but it's close.  The
            > JSA is on the new Earth-2.
            > Hope this helps,
            > Darci

          • Larry Talbot
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28 6:56 PM
              I am a bit behind on my mail, so bear with me if this has already been addressed:

              Yes, there is a JSA on Earth 2, but it isn't THE JSA which is still on Earth 1. This, I realize, is the confusing part. The Original JSA got folded into the current and former Earth 1 when the original Earth 2 was combined with Earth 1, along with any other surviving earths...of which there were very few, to be sure. When the new 52 universe got rolling, Mr. Mind got loose in the multi-verse and damaged the fabric of each of the duplicate Earths resulting in minute shifts in their histories. Thus, we now have a new Earth 2 where the Earth 1 heroes never came into being. There is also an Earth with the Fawcett heroes, the Kingdom Come Earth, the WildStorm Earth, yadda yadda yadda.

              Uncle Wolf

              Ululo ergo sum.

              http://wulfmann. wordpress. com/

              "Englisch ist das Ergebnis von Normannischen Männern-an-Armen, die Daten mit sächsischen Bardamen machen."
              H. Beam Piper