RE: [DCU] To fans of the Legion of Super Heroes...

  • Shane Zapcic
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 21, 2009
      I like saturn girl but that's just because i like telekinetics.
    • Shane Zapcic
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 21, 2009
        I like saturn girl but that's just because i like telekinetics.
      • Blackwolf
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 22, 2009
          Timberwolf and Wildfire and Blok are my favorite.
          Blackwolf
          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronbear91@...> wrote:

          > Who are your favorite members of the Legion of Super Heroes?

        • josh thorn
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 23, 2009
            Saturn Girl is telepathic. Kinetix is telekinetic.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 23, 2009
              Oh i thought she could move things with her mind. I guess that shows how much i know about the legion.

              I like saturn girl but that's just because i like telekinetics.

            • Leonard Blunk
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 23, 2009
                I think that she can understand her mind thougths but not imagine her them!!!
                                                DR. ORIENT ROHMER

                Oh i thought she could move things with her mind. I guess that shows how much i know about the legion.

                I like saturn girl but that's just because i like telekinetics.

              • clanceyakker
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 24, 2009
                  Favorite Legionnaires really depends on the writer's ability to utilize the character (something that I feel has always plagued Batman and is an ongoing discussion in another group).

                  Of all the Legion stories I have read, one of the best would have to be Dream Girl taking on Hagga on Orando, to rescue Princess Projectra and Karate Kid (circa #288).

                  Using the flight ring with her mental abilities and then relying on Shadow Lass's unknown assistance, it showed very good thought in how the characters should work and work together.

                  From there, even tho it was the minority aware seventies, I always liked a story that told the origin of Tyroc (first Legion Black token. They weren't African-American then, plus if Tyroc was of no American descent, he wouldn't be AA anyway, he would just be African) with Dawnstar and Shadow Lass in attendance. No caucasians around.

                  But it was Paul Levitz' usage of various Legionnaires when Keith Giffen was the artist that was most enjoyable.

                  Phantom Girl reminded me of Lucy Van Pelt from the Peanuts, and Shadow Lass reminded me of the wicked queen from Snow White. They were constantly in Timber Wolf's face, poor guy.

                  Blok always managed to round out any group he was in. Pity it had to be a large rocky figure like that.

                  If the title was going to emphasize Karate Kid as having no powers and being the only 'normal' Legionnaire, then they shouldn't have killed him off. Instead have him look at himself in such a manner, but then end up virtually saving the Legion too many times to count. That would have been fun.

                  Princess Projectra's Sensor Girl moment should have run longer than it did.

                  I kind of wish the original depictions (well, from #272 anyway) of Crystal Kid, Lamprey and Nightwind had seen them become full-fledged members.