Should WB make Mark Millar's Proposed Eight Hour Superman Epic??

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
      This question was posted at Superherohype.com. I'd like to ask it to
      all of you. Do you think Warner Brothers should make Mark Millar's
      Proposed Eight Hour Superman Epic??

      In my opinion, I think they ought to. Superman needs a good reboot to
      get fans watching him again in the movies. As much as I love Bryan
      Singer's superhero movies, "Superman Returns" just didn't cut it with
      me. I was expecting to see a little something new with him directing it
      but it didn't turn out that way. Don't get me wrong, I love Lex Luthor
      as a villain for Superman but he's been in every Superman movie we've
      seen, practically, since Christopher Reeve was Superman. I'd love to
      see a new villain(like Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday or a more serious
      Bizarro).
      Tom
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
        Tom,
        I haven't been following Mark Millar's proposal, so I don't know what characters or plot he's proposing.  With that in mind:
        1.  I doubt I'd want to see anything Mark Millar wrote.  I don't want to see Smallville on the big screen.
        2.  I didn't like "Superman Returns," so I hope someone gets to fix the franchise.
        Thanks,
        Darci

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
          Please tell me that the "eight hour epic" wouldn't just be all in one
          movie?

          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"
          <blackaciddevil01@...> wrote:

          > This question was posted at Superherohype.com. I'd like to ask it
          > all of you. Do you think Warner Brothers should make Mark Millar's
          > Proposed Eight Hour Superman Epic??
          >
          > In my opinion, I think they ought to. Superman needs a good reboot
          > get fans watching him again in the movies. As much as I love Bryan
          > Singer's superhero movies, "Superman Returns" just didn't cut it
          with
          > me. I was expecting to see a little something new with him
          directing it
          > but it didn't turn out that way. Don't get me wrong, I love Lex
          Luthor
          > as a villain for Superman but he's been in every Superman movie
          we've
          > seen, practically, since Christopher Reeve was Superman. I'd love
          > see a new villain(like Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday or a more
          serious
          > Bizarro).
          > Tom

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
            xmscity, no- Mark Millar is wanting it to be in three
            movies.....kinda like "Lord of the Rings". Starting out with a movie
            based on Krypton & then moving forward. Least, that's what I'm
            reading about it at Superherohype.com.

            Personally, I could understand them doing a certain portion of the
            movie on Krypton before Kal-El reaches Earth...but a whole movie?? If
            so, I hope Millar uses Kevin Anderson's "The Last Days of Krypton" as
            reference for it.
            Tom

            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225"