Re: Who Has Killed the Most Heroes?

  • skeletors_hood
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hey, who bought Valiant comics? Anyone know who owns Turok, Ninjak,
      Magnus Robot Fighter, etc?

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@...>
      wrote:

      > Karin,
      > Your post also reminds me that Marvel has Scourge, who killed off
      many, many minor characters.

      > The only other company I can think of that Marvel bought was
      Malibu, which resulted in the end of the Ultraverse.  At least, I
      think they're all gone?  Any other companies?
      > Thanks,
      > Darci
      >

      > ________________________________

      Marvel
      > and DC have bought characters from other companies. Where are they
      > now?? All dead?
      >
      > How many heroes and villains are on Version 2.0 or later?? Amazing
      > Spider-Man was one of the first comic books where characters were
      > being killed off (Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy, Green Goblin (for 22
      > years). Then it became the standard for goosing sales--kill a
      > character, sell more comics!

    • Allen Smith
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
        I'd guess that DC has killed off the most heroes.  Marvel never bought off the Charlton, Quality, and other heroes from other companies, so they never had non-Marvel universe heroes to kill off for the cheap drama.

             Allen Smith

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
          I just read the entry for Spider-man the Clone Saga in the Marvel Database.  That and One More Day gave me a headache.  I mentioned in the group once before that I wished they had left him at 25 with Mary-Jane and with child.  You are allowed to kill for you family.

          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
            Do you mean Extant from the "Zero Hour: Crisis In Time" mini-series
            from 1994?

            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Ross
            <standinggreenman@...> wrote:

            > I forget his name but he killed the golden age  Atom Hourman and
            a few others too I think he was from the Future

            Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?
            cid=53151&pid=1011

          • Daniel Ross
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
              Yes! you have hit the nail on the head so how many did he kill any way?