Re: DC Universe Animated Original Movies.........

  • jezyoo
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
      I would love to see an Etrigan and Lobo feature.

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"
      <blackaciddevil01@...> wrote:

      > I've collected all the DCU Animated Movies and am greatly looking
      > forward to Wonder Woman when it comes out in February of 2009. I
      see DC
      > has made them of their 'big three' but I'm wondering what will come
      > afterwards. I'd like to ask all of you what you'd like to see come
      next
      > or eventually down the line from DCU & Warner Animation??
      >
      > I, personally, would love to see 'em do a feature on Shazam!, The
      > Spectre, The Demon or Deadman. I've always been fascinated by those
      > characters but have yet to see them in animated form. I have more
      I'd

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
        Speaking of 1940's, how about either the Original Justice Society of
        America, Seven Soldiers of Victory, or the Freedom Fighters fighting
        Nazis during World War II?

        Or maybe some of the non-super-powered heroes like the Crimson
        Avenger, Golden-Age Sandman, etc. against a non-super-powered villain?

        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@...>
        wrote:

        > Tom,
        > Shazam would be interesting, but I don't see how they could do one
        now, with the wizard gone, Billy elevated to take his place, Freddy
        taking Billy's place, and Mary working for Darkseid.  Maybe if they
        make it a retro setting, like back in the 1940s?
        > Darci
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
          I couldn't agree more with you, Darci, that the Marvel Family will
          ever be appreciated at DC. That's a shame, too, as The Marvel Family
          is just as entertaining. You're absolutely right in every respect.
          Tom

          wrote:

          > Tom,
          > I'm not sure the Marvel Family will ever be appreciated at DC.
          Someone pointed out to me that Bob Rozakis (IIRC) was writing a What
          If story about if Max Gaines at All-American had bought out DC
          instead of the other way around. If someone else ran DC or if
          Fawcett were still in the comic book business, then maybe they'd get
          a fair shake?
          > Hey, Paul Dini, Alan Burnett, prove me wrong, why don't ya?
          > Darci
          >
          > Tom <blackaciddevil01@...> wrote: Darci,
          > That's what I was thinking. Making it a retro setting or back
          before
          > all this stuff took place and happened. Shazam!, in my opinion,
          has
          > always been an underappreciated character. To me, he was always as
          > entertaining as Superman. I preferred reading his comics more
          because
          > they were fun. Characters like Doctor Sivana, Uncle Marvel, Tawky
          > Tawny, and Mister Mind made the comic a hoot. I loved it!
          >
          > I heard, recently, that Hollywood is planning a "Billy Batson and
          the
          > Legend of Shazam!" movie sometime in the next year or two. That
          > should be interesting.
          > Tom

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
            Those are good suggestions, xmscity. After DC & Warner did Justice
            League New Frontier, they proved they can do the golden age of comics
            justice.
            Tom

            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225"

            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
              And what about the heroes DC picked up from Charlton?
              How many of those were eventually killed off so DC could maybe re-use
              the names on new versions?

              wrote:

              Tom,
              I'm not sure the Marvel Family will ever be appreciated at DC.
              Someone pointed out to me that Bob Rozakis (IIRC) was writing a What
              If story about if Max Gaines at All-American had bought out DC
              instead of the other way around. If someone else ran DC or if
              Fawcett were still in the comic book business, then maybe they'd get
              a fair shake?

              Hey, Paul Dini, Alan Burnett, prove me wrong, why don't ya?
              Darci
            • skeletors_hood
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
                I don't think that it's really a matter of DC not appreciating the
                Marvel family, so much as it's a case where they have never really
                been successful in recreating the popularity the Marvel books enjoyed
                before they were absorbed by DC. After years of trying, I think that
                DC just stopped trying so hard, hioping new stories here and there
                would make the lightning strike again. I must admit, I liked the
                Trials of Shazam, but DC needs to put the Marvel family a bit more
                forward, like on their animated movie list, or live action.

                Speaking of companies DC bought up, I haven't seen any of the
                Milestone characters running around lately. Only Static enjoyed any
                sort of popularity, mostly due to his animated series and appearances
                on Justice League.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
                    The older, World War II era heroes being replaced by newer, different
                    versions in the present I don't have quite as much of a problem
                    with. . . many of them were used in World War II era stories (usually
                    by Roy Thomas) as who they were, but in the present it makes sense that
                    they'd often be replaced by younger, newer versions.

                    Captain Marvel and others from Fawcett were brought into the "present"
                    when DC reintroduced the Marvel family and such. . . yeah, maybe it was
                    around 30 years ago, but that's still part of the "resent" in
                    DC/comicbook time. Same thing applies to Blue Beetle, Question, and
                    the other Charlton heroes.

                    Maybe it's too much to ask of DC to not just kill a bunch of them off
                    or alter many of them so that they barely resemble who they once
                    were. . . there have been efforts to use them, but maybe many younger
                    fans just didn't have the same feelings for them some of us older fans
                    did.

                    --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@...> wrote:

                    XMScity,
                    Unfortunately, I think just about all of the them? For a historical
                    perspective, DC bought Quality Comics in 1956. Amongst the characters
                    in that purchase were the Blackhawks, Doll Man, Lady Luck, Manhunter,
                    Midnight, Miss America (Joan Dale), Phantom Lady, Plastic Man, the Ray,
                    Uncle Sam, and Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin).
                    Darci
                  • Allen Smith
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                      Hmm....I can see the headline now:  "DC Comics, where heroes go to die!!"

                           Allen Smith

                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                        Yeah, but some of them eventually come back after a while, just to
                        confuse us even more.

                        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Allen Smith
                        <metron12001@...> wrote:

                        > Hmm....I can see the headline now:  "DC Comics, where heroes go to
                        die!!"

                        >      Allen Smith

                      • Karin
                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                          DC Comics or Marvel??

                          I recall the Foolkiller series, where at least a dozen characters got
                          killed off. Then there have been many other cross-overs where
                          wholesale slaughter of characters has happened.

                          Which company has killed off the most heroes and villains? Both Marvel
                          and DC have bought characters from other companies. Where are they
                          now?? All dead?

                          How many heroes and villains are on Version 2.0 or later?? Amazing
                          Spider-Man was one of the first comic books where characters were
                          being killed off (Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy, Green Goblin (for 22
                          years). Then it became the standard for goosing sales--kill a
                          character, sell more comics!
                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                            Karin,
                            Your post also reminds me that Marvel has Scourge, who killed off many, many minor characters.

                            The only other company I can think of that Marvel bought was Malibu, which resulted in the end of the Ultraverse.  At least, I think they're all gone?  Any other companies?
                            Thanks,
                            Darci

                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                              Joe Quesada killed Spider-man when he had him make a deal with a demon to let his 200
                              years old aunt to live another day.
                              Message 14 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                                Bankruptcy courts?
                              • Daniel Ross
                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                                  I forget his name but he killed the golden age  Atom Hourman and a few others too I think he was from the Future

                                  I recall the Foolkiller series, where at least a dozen characters got
                                  killed off. Then there have been many other cross-overs where
                                  wholesale slaughter of characters has happened.

                                  Which company has killed off the most heroes and villains? Both Marvel
                                  and DC have bought characters from other companies. Where are they
                                  now?? All dead?

                                  How many heroes and villains are on Version 2.0 or later?? Amazing
                                  Spider-Man was one of the first comic books where characters were
                                  being killed off (Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy, Green Goblin (for 22
                                  years). Then it became the standard for goosing sales--kill a
                                  character, sell more comics!

                                  Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started.
                                • Daniel Ross
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                                    How many bad guys Green Arrow Killed I have lost count I know he did kill the Green Lantern when the green Lantern went Insane Total Nutjob But he back from the Dead now Back as a good guy

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
                                      Hey, who bought Valiant comics? Anyone know who owns Turok, Ninjak,
                                      Magnus Robot Fighter, etc?

                                      wrote:

                                      > Karin,
                                      > Your post also reminds me that Marvel has Scourge, who killed off
                                      many, many minor characters.

                                      > The only other company I can think of that Marvel bought was
                                      Malibu, which resulted in the end of the Ultraverse.  At least, I
                                      think they're all gone?  Any other companies?
                                      > Thanks,
                                      > Darci
                                      >

                                      > ________________________________

                                    • Allen Smith
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
                                        I'd guess that DC has killed off the most heroes.  Marvel never bought off the Charlton, Quality, and other heroes from other companies, so they never had non-Marvel universe heroes to kill off for the cheap drama.

                                             Allen Smith

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
                                          I just read the entry for Spider-man the Clone Saga in the Marvel Database.  That and One More Day gave me a headache.  I mentioned in the group once before that I wished they had left him at 25 with Mary-Jane and with child.  You are allowed to kill for you family.

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
                                            Do you mean Extant from the "Zero Hour: Crisis In Time" mini-series
                                            from 1994?

                                            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Ross
                                            <standinggreenman@...> wrote:

                                            > I forget his name but he killed the golden age  Atom Hourman and
                                            a few others too I think he was from the Future

                                            Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?
                                            cid=53151&pid=1011

                                          • Daniel Ross
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
                                              Yes! you have hit the nail on the head so how many did he kill any way?