Greetings & Salutations

  • Randy Meyer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2005
      Just want to introduce myself. My name is Randy. I'm 35 years old,
      live in Chicago, IL. I've been a DC Comics fan since 1980, when I
      bought JLA #179, where Firestorm joined the team. DC Comics have been
      a part of my life ever since then. Even in my "awkward teen years" or
      my college days, I would never miss my weekly trip to the comics shop
      to see what "The World's Greatest Superheroes" were up to that week. I
      liked Marvel, but I always had more affinity to the DC guys. My
      favorites have been Flash (any one), Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal, John
      or Alan), Martian Manhunter (#1 Fave!!), Batman, and Jack Knight. I
      currently love what's going on in the DCU with ID Crisis, Countdown,
      and all the minis leading up to Infinite Crisis. Geoff Johns is my
      favorite writer. Ed McGuiness is my favorite artist. I hope that I
      get a chance to know all of you in this club, as I don't have too many
      people to talk to about comics in my real life. My wife is tired of
      trying toundertsand this all. Thanks
    • cacfan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2005
        --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Meyer"
        <currexchfed@a...> wrote:
        > Just want to introduce myself. My name is Randy. I'm 35 years
        old,
        > live in Chicago, IL. I've been a DC Comics fan since 1980, when I
        > bought JLA #179, where Firestorm joined the team. DC Comics have
        been
        > a part of my life ever since then. Even in my "awkward teen
        years" or
        > my college days, I would never miss my weekly trip to the comics
        shop
        > to see what "The World's Greatest Superheroes" were up to that
        week. I
        > liked Marvel, but I always had more affinity to the DC guys. My
        > favorites have been Flash (any one), Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal,
        John
        > or Alan), Martian Manhunter (#1 Fave!!), Batman, and Jack Knight.
        > currently love what's going on in the DCU with ID Crisis,
        Countdown,
        > and all the minis leading up to Infinite Crisis. Geoff Johns is
        my
        > favorite writer. Ed McGuiness is my favorite artist. I hope that
        > get a chance to know all of you in this club, as I don't have too
        many
        > people to talk to about comics in my real life. My wife is tired
        of
        > trying toundertsand this all. Thanks

        Geoff Johns is my fave writer too. As far as artists, i like Rags
        Morales a lot. My fave character is Flash(Wally West version). I
        myself have been enjoying the new pre-Crisis comics. Welcome, and i
        would love to talk to you more about the upcoming crisis. I also
        recommend going to dccomics.com and joining the message boards, its
        free and LOTS of comic geeks like us are there debating, arguing,
        and just having a blast there. Hope to see you there also.
        Augie, age 29, Abilene TX