Re: [DCU] Darkseid and Thanos long lost brothers?

  • Actionheroes
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
      jbossbeat@... wrote: DUMMY...both were done by Jack Kirby,and the
      Inhumans were FIRST! Look it up!

      HEY JB,

      This is a discussion group. The idea of discussion is that it is
      similar to what would exist if we were all humans living together on
      a space pod and there was a large room for us to sit in and discuss
      comic books while we read them and had our snacks (or whatever).

      So when someone who maybe never read The Inhumans asks a question
      that might seem dumb to an old-timer like you, the good old-timer
      gives out the correct information without the DUMMY.

      Because calling people DUMMY hurts their feelings, and then they
      might go to their middle school and wipe out 25 people because of
      your bullying and abrasive remarks.

      So give the kids lots of nurturing and answer their questions in a
      friendly way. This group may be their last stop on the way to
      psychotic behavior. We may be the only thing stopping a massacre by
      nurturing fractured minds.
    • Actionheroes
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
        Rashon <kensia29@...> wrote:> I have another question. What has Thanos
        to do with the Inhumans? Thanos is an Eternal from Titan not an Inhuman

        I do not recall ever seeing Thanos together with any Inhumans, though
        I honestly hate the Inhumans and have often avoided buying any issues
        of any comic book that had Inhumans unless it promised "ONE WILL DIE."

        Thanos was the brother or cousin of Star Fox or Fire Fox and somehow
        they were related to the wife of Captain Mar-Vell or something along
        those lines. At some point I think Adam Warlock was also in the
        general line of relatives but I am not sure. The Moonshadow or
        whatever her name was (the bald woman who used to dress in a green
        gown) was also related to Titan.

        Overall, Thanos is the only interesting character to come out of
        Titan. Captain Mar-Vell and Warlock were created before Thanos.
      • ben miller
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
          If memory serves, Adam Warlock originally an artificial life form created on an alternate earth and not a member of the same Titan family that spawned Mar-Vell, etc.

          i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
          Join me

          To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
            Actionheroes,
            The woman in green you're recalling is Moondragon, originally Heather Douglas.  The car her parents were driving was destroyed by Thanos.  Both her parents were thought dead, although it turned out her father was reanimated to become Drax the Destroyer.  She was found by Thanos's father, Mentor, and taken to Titan.  Her cousin, Pamela, later became Sundragon.
            Hope this helps,
            Darci

            To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
              I wonder if Adam warlock will be on spiderman unlimited. this is a new show on toon Disney which involves counter earth.

              To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                Yep you're right.some people just don't know,sorry for the "Dummy "remark

                **************
              • Rashon

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                    Also Mar-Vell is not from Titan nor is he an Eternal. He began as a soldier of the Kree Empire who oppose the Kree plan of conquist of Earth. Mar-Vell also oppose Thanos and only lived on Titan a short while before dieing of Cancer.

                    To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                      Actually, Spider-Man Unlimited is an old series that premiered in 1999 after the shut-down of Spider-Man The Animated Series, and only ran for 13 episodes.  Toon Disney is just re-running those episodes.  And I don't believe Adam Warlock appears in this series.

                      Comixbear

                      To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                        didn't john Jamison become man wolf? does marvel do a earth 2 thing? I don recall as many parallel earths in their universe.

                        To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                          Counter-Earth, in the comics, was a physical Earth created by the High Evolutionary and which was located on the opposite side of the sun.  It wasn't a parallel world...more of a carbon copy with changes made.  They didn't have super-heroes on that planet, although the Reed Richards of that Earth appeared in the Fantastic Four book as a villain called The Brute (sort of a purple version of the Hulk).  It was later destroyed during Infinity Gauntlet (according to Wikipedia...I didn't read that mini.).

                          Comixbear

                          To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                              Did Jim Starlin come up with Thanos, or did he just use him a lot on
                              his runs of Captain Marvel, Warlock, etc.?

                              (And not to beat a dead horse, while Kirby may have been involved
                              with theearlier appearances of the Inhumans, did he ever work on a
                              comic book for them? Whoever did that story could have appeared to
                              rip off / homage Kirby's work on New Gods.)

                              --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Comixbear"

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                the inhumans had a nice going with the fantastic 4 where they had team ups or storylines that came together. I recall medusa a member of ff for a brief time. they sort of had that jsa jla thing going.
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                  So the Inhumens were first and not the New Gods

                                  the inhumans had a nice going with the fantastic 4 where they had team ups or storylines that came together. I recall medusa a member of ff for a brief time. they sort of had that jsa jla thing going.
                                  Actually, the Inhumans are far from a ripoff of the New Gods.  The Inhumans first appeared in Fantastic Four #45 (December 1965) while the New Gods premiered in the New Gods #1 (February 1971).

                                  Comixbear

                                  I was reading an old marvel comic called the Inhumens It like a ripoff
                                  of the new Gods

                                  Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.
                                • Daniel Ross
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                    Yes lets kiss and make up Jb

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 2, 2008
                                      I think The Inhumans was the first comic I ever bought. I was just a mere lad. It blew me away.