Re: [DCU] Darkseid and Thanos long lost brothers?

  • Rashon
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008

      I have another question. What has Thanos to do with the Inhumans? Thanos is an Eternal from Titan not an Inhuman

      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
        jbossbeat@... wrote: DUMMY...both were done by Jack Kirby,and the
        Inhumans were FIRST! Look it up!

        HEY JB,

        This is a discussion group. The idea of discussion is that it is
        similar to what would exist if we were all humans living together on
        a space pod and there was a large room for us to sit in and discuss
        comic books while we read them and had our snacks (or whatever).

        So when someone who maybe never read The Inhumans asks a question
        that might seem dumb to an old-timer like you, the good old-timer
        gives out the correct information without the DUMMY.

        Because calling people DUMMY hurts their feelings, and then they
        might go to their middle school and wipe out 25 people because of
        your bullying and abrasive remarks.

        So give the kids lots of nurturing and answer their questions in a
        friendly way. This group may be their last stop on the way to
        psychotic behavior. We may be the only thing stopping a massacre by
        nurturing fractured minds.
      • Actionheroes
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
          Rashon <kensia29@...> wrote:> I have another question. What has Thanos
          to do with the Inhumans? Thanos is an Eternal from Titan not an Inhuman

          I do not recall ever seeing Thanos together with any Inhumans, though
          I honestly hate the Inhumans and have often avoided buying any issues
          of any comic book that had Inhumans unless it promised "ONE WILL DIE."

          Thanos was the brother or cousin of Star Fox or Fire Fox and somehow
          they were related to the wife of Captain Mar-Vell or something along
          those lines. At some point I think Adam Warlock was also in the
          general line of relatives but I am not sure. The Moonshadow or
          whatever her name was (the bald woman who used to dress in a green
          gown) was also related to Titan.

          Overall, Thanos is the only interesting character to come out of
          Titan. Captain Mar-Vell and Warlock were created before Thanos.
        • ben miller
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
            If memory serves, Adam Warlock originally an artificial life form created on an alternate earth and not a member of the same Titan family that spawned Mar-Vell, etc.

            i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
            Join me

            To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
              Actionheroes,
              The woman in green you're recalling is Moondragon, originally Heather Douglas.  The car her parents were driving was destroyed by Thanos.  Both her parents were thought dead, although it turned out her father was reanimated to become Drax the Destroyer.  She was found by Thanos's father, Mentor, and taken to Titan.  Her cousin, Pamela, later became Sundragon.
              Hope this helps,
              Darci

              To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                I wonder if Adam warlock will be on spiderman unlimited. this is a new show on toon Disney which involves counter earth.

                To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                  Yep you're right.some people just don't know,sorry for the "Dummy "remark

                  **************
                • Rashon
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                    Adam Warliock is indeed an artificial lifeform created by thre  renegade scientist calling themselvs the Enclave. The later created a second lifelform they called Paragon but who rebelled went into a coccoon and emerged as She AKA Kismet. Adam after rebelling from the Enclave tried to kidnap Sif and fought Thor befor again  forming the coccoon and heading to Counter Earth where he met the High Evolutionary and opposing  the Man Beast. Years late he came to  oppose Thanos.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                      Also Mar-Vell is not from Titan nor is he an Eternal. He began as a soldier of the Kree Empire who oppose the Kree plan of conquist of Earth. Mar-Vell also oppose Thanos and only lived on Titan a short while before dieing of Cancer.

                      To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                        Actually, Spider-Man Unlimited is an old series that premiered in 1999 after the shut-down of Spider-Man The Animated Series, and only ran for 13 episodes.  Toon Disney is just re-running those episodes.  And I don't believe Adam Warlock appears in this series.

                        Comixbear

                        To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                          didn't john Jamison become man wolf? does marvel do a earth 2 thing? I don recall as many parallel earths in their universe.

                          To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                            Counter-Earth, in the comics, was a physical Earth created by the High Evolutionary and which was located on the opposite side of the sun.  It wasn't a parallel world...more of a carbon copy with changes made.  They didn't have super-heroes on that planet, although the Reed Richards of that Earth appeared in the Fantastic Four book as a villain called The Brute (sort of a purple version of the Hulk).  It was later destroyed during Infinity Gauntlet (according to Wikipedia...I didn't read that mini.).

                            Comixbear

                            To: DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                Did Jim Starlin come up with Thanos, or did he just use him a lot on
                                his runs of Captain Marvel, Warlock, etc.?

                                (And not to beat a dead horse, while Kirby may have been involved
                                with theearlier appearances of the Inhumans, did he ever work on a
                                comic book for them? Whoever did that story could have appeared to
                                rip off / homage Kirby's work on New Gods.)

                                --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Comixbear"

                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                  the inhumans had a nice going with the fantastic 4 where they had team ups or storylines that came together. I recall medusa a member of ff for a brief time. they sort of had that jsa jla thing going.
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                    So the Inhumens were first and not the New Gods

                                    the inhumans had a nice going with the fantastic 4 where they had team ups or storylines that came together. I recall medusa a member of ff for a brief time. they sort of had that jsa jla thing going.
                                    Actually, the Inhumans are far from a ripoff of the New Gods.  The Inhumans first appeared in Fantastic Four #45 (December 1965) while the New Gods premiered in the New Gods #1 (February 1971).

                                    Comixbear

                                    I was reading an old marvel comic called the Inhumens It like a ripoff
                                    of the new Gods

                                    Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.
                                  • Daniel Ross
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                      Yes lets kiss and make up Jb

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 2, 2008
                                        I think The Inhumans was the first comic I ever bought. I was just a mere lad. It blew me away.