Re: [DCU] Watchmen

  • Daniel Ross
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 1, 2008

      Yes you are right I just hope they don't stuff it up by giving it a new plot
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 1, 2008
        Watchmen was very good, but the greatest comic ever would have to be Sandman, at least the first 35 issues or so.

        Anything by Frank Miller would be a close runner up.

        DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        There are 3 messages in this issue.

        Topics in this digest:

        1a. Watchmen
        From: Thomas Welly
        1b. Re: Watchmen
        From: galen1701@...

        2. Superman/Smallville/Lois & Clark
        From: Jasmine Kung-Peng

        Messages
        1a. Watchmen
        Posted by: "Thomas Welly" willis_979@... willis_979
        Date: Fri May 30, 2008 1:34 pm ((PDT))

        I just finished reading it its the greatest comic ever cant wait to see
        the movie

        Messages in this topic (2)
        1b. Re: Watchmen
        Posted by: "galen1701@..." galen1701@... galen1701r
        Date: Fri May 30, 2008 6:34 pm ((PDT))

        I've only managed to find a couple of the first issues. Is it collected in one graphic novel?
        -------------- Original message from "Thomas Welly" : --------------

        Posted by: "Jasmine Kung-Peng" petrolwriter@... petrolwriter
        Date: Fri May 30, 2008 6:33 pm ((PDT))

        I love how the Superman story spans all generations. Check out director J. Contner's next feature film -- he directed episodes of Smallville, Lois & Clark, Buffy, etc. and was Camera Op on Superman the movie back in 1978.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1180174/

        Messages in this topic (1)

        <*> Your email settings:
        Digest Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored-normal@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Daniel Ross
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 1, 2008
          the sandman with the gasmask or the spooky sandman?

          From: Thomas Welly
          1b. Re: Watchmen
          From: galen1701@bellsouth .net

          2. Superman/Smallville /Lois & Clark
          From: Jasmine Kung-Peng

          Messages
          ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______
          1a. Watchmen
          Posted by: "Thomas Welly" willis_979@yahoo. com willis_979
          Date: Fri May 30, 2008 1:34 pm ((PDT))

          Posted by: "galen1701@bellsout h.net" galen1701@bellsouth .net galen1701r
          Date: Fri May 30, 2008 6:34 pm ((PDT))

          Posted by: "Jasmine Kung-Peng" petrolwriter@ yahoo.com petrolwriter
          Date: Fri May 30, 2008 6:33 pm ((PDT))

          I love how the Superman story spans all generations. Check out director J. Contner's next feature film -- he directed episodes of Smallville, Lois & Clark, Buffy, etc. and was Camera Op on Superman the movie back in 1978.  http://www.imdb. com/title/ tt1180174/

          Messages in this topic (1)

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/DC_ Comics_Uncensore d/

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/DC_ Comics_Uncensore d/join
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:DC_Comics_ Uncensored- normal@yahoogrou ps.com
          mailto:DC_Comics_ Uncensored- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------

        • jasonshelf
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 20, 2009
            Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork retro but not in a good way.

            I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.

            If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective with which to appreciated it, please share.

            Thanks,

            Jason
          • JeffBearCO
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 20, 2009
              I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the artwork. It did transfer well to
              the film though.

              I suspect it was the nudity that was so unusual at the time that made it
              "cutting edge"

              JeffBearCO

              jasonshelf wrote:

              > Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a
              > legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big
              > comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold
              > for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and
              > inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork
              > retro but not in a good way.
              >
              > I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction
              > to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in
              > general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.
              >
              > If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective
              > with which to appreciated it, please share.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Jason

            • Leonard Blunk
              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 20, 2009
                  I don't think it was the nudity so much as it was the feeling that these characters could get hurt or die whereas mainstream heroes almost never die, unless its an imaginary story.
                                                             DR. ORIENT ROHMER

                jasonshelf wrote:

                > Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a
                > legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big
                > comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold
                > for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and
                > inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork
                > retro but not in a good way.
                >
                > I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction
                > to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in
                > general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.
                >
                > If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective
                > with which to appreciated it, please share.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Jason

              • Larry Talbot
                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 20, 2009
                  Well, frankly, it may simply be a matter of taste. You either like it or you don't. Explaining it won't change that. Especially since everybody walks away something different after having read it.

                  Uncle Wolf

                  Ululo ergo sum.

                  http://wulfmann.wordpress com/

                  "Englisch ist das Ergebnis von Normannischen Männern-an-Armen, die Daten mit sächsischen Bardamen machen."
                  H. Beam Piper

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 20, 2009
                    The appeal always seemed to be that this was one of the first stories in comics that fostered a more adult appeal, and not because of the nudity or stuff like that. It doesn't end with the heroes winning, for example. It's not the JLA going, "wow, that was a close one. But if evil tries again, we'll always be there." Nope, the "villain" was successful in his plan, and the heroes realize that his plan was the lesser of two evils, and accept to not reveal him. It ends in compromise, like so many things in the real world, and this was an idea unheard of in comics, that it was one of the cornerstones in redefining the way people look at and read comics. This is one of the reasons that it is so revered...without Watchmen, you may not have the Batman that you see in Dark Knight. Characters like Punisher and Wolverine would have no grounds in which to flex their muscles, because writers would still write them towards kids, keeping them toned down and safe. I'm not saying that it is all owed to Watchmen, but Watchmen helped make it happen. Like Shakespeare didn't invent theater, nor did he change it really, but he definitely had a strong influence in its development towards what we consider theater today.

                    --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Blunk <lionineone@...> wrote:

                    >   I don't think it was the nudity so much as it was the feeling that these characters could get hurt or die whereas mainstream heroes almost never die, unless its an imaginary story.
                    >                                              DR. ORIENT ROHMER

                  • clanceyakker
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 21, 2009
                      It was very Wolverine; the slightest bit of appeal to it, readers liking the look of a plot with substance (as compared to the DC Challenge around the same time) and its delving into a 'dark world', whether or not sales were good on the title, led to a backlash of overblown imitations and hype.

                      By comparison, if an issue of ARchie were to suddenly have big sales, do you honestly think Marvel, DC or anyone else would jump on that bandwagon and offer up similar works?

                      If they did, then these teen kids would have to indulge in the world of drugs and prostitution as well, because in some minds, this is reality.

                      Watchmen wasn't bad, but that this (and that Frank Miller Batman thing, one I don't understand even more than Watchmen) re-defining comic books as they were supposed to have done has always just said to me that writers or editors just weren't feeling creative.

                      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "jasonshelf" <jasonlnorman@...> wrote:

                      > Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork retro but not in a good way.
                      >
                      > I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.
                      >
                      > If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective with which to appreciated it, please share.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Jason

                    • clanceyakker
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 21, 2009
                        Word balloons during sex and its stammering language as well?

                        There was a feeling of things connecting throughout the story, that the plot was inter-twined and not just running haphazard.

                        Again, around that same time, there was Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it was obvious that Wolfman was all but writing the story as he went along.

                        As far as mysteries go and who the 'bad guy' was, that was fairly good, pretty good, but I didn't read it in order. I bought it as back issues, and even reading it in that way, I can still say the mystery ws good.

                        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, JeffBearCO <jeffbearco@...> wrote:

                        > I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the artwork. It did transfer well to
                        > the film though.
                        >
                        > I suspect it was the nudity that was so unusual at the time that made it
                        > "cutting edge"
                        >
                        > JeffBearCO
                        >
                        > jasonshelf wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a
                        > > legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big
                        > > comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold
                        > > for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and
                        > > inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork
                        > > retro but not in a good way.
                        > >
                        > > I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction
                        > > to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in
                        > > general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.
                        > >
                        > > If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective
                        > > with which to appreciated it, please share.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > >
                        > > Jason

                      • clanceyakker
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jun 21, 2009
                          I don't think it was so much that.

                          Mainstream characters' problems is that they will be 'alive again' by the end of the year.

                          I don't think anyone was expecting Eddie Blake to emerge as the villian at the end, faking his own death.

                          Or maybe that was the obvious expectation and it didn't come about.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jun 21, 2009
                            Wolverine was already heading that way.

                            In truth, I think Watchmen had a solid story, and it was misinterpreted to be appealing because of its subject matter, so this was the bandwagon all the other heroes leapt on.

                            And the 'villian' of the piece felt he was actually the hero of the day, and open to interpretation, he was. It wasn't like Dr. Doom conquering the world. What would Doom do with the world if he conquered it? He was only a man.

                            I think it cheapened the direction of comic books, but this happens in pretty much all mediums. Language, sex, gore, violence, people like it, but they are repulsed by it.

                            I've never really felt people were so offended by it, or naive to it, just that they didn't it always interesting.

                            I was never deprived of excessive subject matter (whether it was slasher movies or Watchmen) but the shock mentality in today's films and comic books is just redundant to me.

                            And now the interpretation from the younger crowd, if Im not blown away by depictions of anal fluids in a comic book, is that I'm shocked by such portrayals and offended.

                            Never ending cycle.

                            I've often felt that these depictions could simply show someone chewing their food and opening their mouths.

                            Ewww! Gross!

                            Same effect. Ths was Watchmen.

                            But as I said, if the story had been there without the illustrations of the gore and Rorshach's whore mom, would the book have been just as revolutionary?

                            I guess we'll never know, eh?

                            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "skeletors_hood" <skeletors_hood@...> wrote:

                            > The appeal always seemed to be that this was one of the first stories in comics that fostered a more adult appeal, and not because of the nudity or stuff like that. It doesn't end with the heroes winning, for example. It's not the JLA going, "wow, that was a close one. But if evil tries again, we'll always be there." Nope, the "villain" was successful in his plan, and the heroes realize that his plan was the lesser of two evils, and accept to not reveal him. It ends in compromise, like so many things in the real world, and this was an idea unheard of in comics, that it was one of the cornerstones in redefining the way people look at and read comics. This is one of the reasons that it is so revered...without Watchmen, you may not have the Batman that you see in Dark Knight. Characters like Punisher and Wolverine would have no grounds in which to flex their muscles, because writers would still write them towards kids, keeping them toned down and safe. I'm not saying that it is all owed to Watchmen, but Watchmen helped make it happen. Like Shakespeare didn't invent theater, nor did he change it really, but he definitely had a strong influence in its development towards what we consider theater today.
                          • Richard J.
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jun 21, 2009
                              One of the most telling moments to me was the prison shrink's behavior at the dinner party with the other couple.

                              He was now desensitized like Rorshach, but this was absurd. Rorshach had a lifetime of being desensitized. The prison shrink is suddenly going to become this way and go 'wow, there's a real ugly world out there'

                              Its people thinking the skipping-around-the-maypole-and-OF-COURSE-going-to-church-on-Sunday crowd don't know this stuff is going on.

                              The shrink wasn't naive, it was Rorshach who was naive in his ignorance in thinking that all the shrink wanted to hear was Rorshach was improving when he saw pretty flowers instead of the butchered dog.

                              Similar ideaology in Silence of the Lambs when Hannibal had to talk to the politician lady about suckling her kidnapped grown daughter.

                              the thinking is these people are shocked and appalled to suddenly hear this subject matter out of context like this (around a dinner table or during a kidnapping) but in truth, it is just irrelevant and quite honestly, as Clance said, the same as chewing your food with your mouth open.

                              --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "clanceyakker" <clanceyakker@...> wrote:

                              > It was very Wolverine; the slightest bit of appeal to it, readers liking the look of a plot with substance (as compared to the DC Challenge around the same time) and its delving into a 'dark world', whether or not sales were good on the title, led to a backlash of overblown imitations and hype.
                              >
                              > By comparison, if an issue of ARchie were to suddenly have big sales, do you honestly think Marvel, DC or anyone else would jump on that bandwagon and offer up similar works?
                              >
                              > If they did, then these teen kids would have to indulge in the world of drugs and prostitution as well, because in some minds, this is reality.
                              >
                              > Watchmen wasn't bad, but that this (and that Frank Miller Batman thing, one I don't understand even more than Watchmen) re-defining comic books as they were supposed to have done has always just said to me that writers or editors just weren't feeling creative.
                              >
                              > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "jasonshelf" <jasonlnorman@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork retro but not in a good way.
                              > >
                              > > I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.
                              > >
                              > > If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective with which to appreciated it, please share.
                              > >
                              > > Thanks,
                              > >
                              > > Jason

                            • Richard J.
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jun 21, 2009
                                Not necessarily. There can be some likable aspects to the series as a story, but as far as what it has done to comic books, the conclusion that more graphic subject matter will appeal to a broader audience, may have been misjudged.

                                Watchmen ushered in the idea that explicit subject matter was more mature.

                                Yet in the 1950s, the death and gore issues were clearly being read by teens.

                                Whose to say that those who indulged in post-Watchmen merely weren't more teens of that era, who believed this was a more mature comic book, while adults, who had been looking at such subject matter long before Watchmen, merely shrugged it off as a cheap way to get people to buy the books?

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jun 22, 2009
                                  Have any you guys have seen the watchmen movie is it any good?

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jun 23, 2009
                                    Have NOT seen it and I am ASHAMED!!!!

                                    It came out on MY birthday!!!

                                    I used to see green cuz the very first Batman movie back in '89 or so with Keaton and Nicholson (whatever year it came out, snore snore) was on my brother's birthday, and even tho he isn't a Batman fan, all the comic books had the Batman logo and June 23rd (today, by the way) on the back covers.

                                    My brother's birthday was on the comic books.

                                    Before that, New Teen Titans #20 or something, the one where they tangled with Brains Beldon and his unloved son, causing Wally West to write to his parents, Dear Mom and Dad, . . .

                                    The date on the cover of the letter was my other brother's birthday!!!

                                    March 11.

                                    He saw no big deal in this either, but I had to look at these comic books with my brothers' birthday on them and I didn't have one.

                                    MY SISTER'S BIRTHDAY!!!

                                    I've never read the book, but in the Marvel comic book adaptations of H G Welles The Invisible Man, the opening caption gives the date of February 9, which was also the date the Beatles appeared on the Ed sullivan show.

                                    Sis' birthday.

                                    Other sister's birthday? She would occassionally get a new president for her birthday, like every four years.

                                  • kwakuel@rocketmail.com
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 23 11:40 AM
                                      Was it good. I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes watching this movie and it was a complete dissapointment.
                                    • primitivx
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 23 7:25 PM
                                        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "kwakuel@..." <kwakuel@...> wrote:

                                        > Was it good. I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes watching this movie and it was a complete dissapointment.

                                        I watched 3 times now, and I was a bit disappointed the first time, but the more I watch it, the more I see all the layers and I like it.
                                      • Daniel Ross
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 27 3:17 AM

                                          From: primitivx <primitivx@...>
                                          To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 27 8:32 AM
                                            Oh, you do not want me to get started on the Spirit movie! Frank Miller raped the character worse than Freddy Kreuger's mother! I even blogged it.

                                            Frank Miller Must Die
                                            April 30, 2009 by wulfmann
                                            Frank Miller Must Die.professionally, along with the idiot who thought it was a good idea to turn him loose on the Spirit. As a director, Miller is a so-so writer. He should stick to what he does best.writing and art. Leave the directing to people who know how. Frankly, I can't believe he ever even read The Spirit. I'm amazed he could spell it! Will Eisner should stop spinning in his grave long enough to rise out of it and strangle Miller. I wouldn't suggest ol' Will go zombie on the boy and eat his brain.even zombies should avoid junk food. If Miller wants to screw up some more movies, then he should at least stick to the ones he wrote himself and leave otherwise good material in more capable hands.which would be pretty much anybody on the face of the Earth with an I.Q. above 50. The only thing I can imagine is that either he screwed it up out of professional jealousy or Marvel paid him off to tank the film. If Miller gets his mitts on Superman or Batman, I'm getting a high-powered rifle, selecting a nice tower IN MILLER'S NEIGHBORHOOD and getting in some target practice. Relax, if you're not him, I won't be shooting at you.

                                            Frankie, Baby, if you gotta direct, stick to your own stuff. Don't ruin anybody else's. Do another Sin City or 300 or something completely new. Don't mess with the works of other far superior talents like Will Eisner! He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, and neither do the rest of us.

                                            This has been a Wolf Rant.

                                            Now, wanna know how I REALLY feel?

                                            Der Wolf

                                            Ululo Ergo Sum

                                            "English is the result of Norman Men-at-Arms making dates with Saxon Barmaids."
                                            H. Beam Piper

                                            > Was it good. I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes watching this movie and it was a complete dissapointment.

                                            I watched 3 times now, and I was a bit disappointed the first time, but the more I watch it, the more I see all the layers and I like it.

                                          • Steve Sierran
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 27 11:27 AM
                                              I saw Watchmen in the theatre and again over the weekend on DVD, and both
                                              experiences were pretty good from my perspective, but the story-telling is
                                              so overwhelmingly heavy and the plot so intricate, I have to wonder how
                                              someone who was not familiar with the graphic novel could ever understand
                                              it.

                                                  <standinggreenman@...>wrote:

                                                  > I Have not seen this movie yet BUT I have been told it's better then the
                                                  > Spirit movie they told me it nothing like comic at all. --- On Fri,
                                                  > 24/7/09, primitivx <primitivx@...> wrote:
                                                  >

                                                  > From: primitivx <primitivx@...>
                                                  > Subject: [DCU] Re: Watchmen
                                                  > To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
                                                  >

                                                  > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "kwakuel@... " <kwakuel@...
                                                  > > wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Was it good. I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes watching this movie and it
                                                  > was a complete dissapointment.
                                                  > >

                                                  > I watched 3 times now, and I was a bit disappointed the first time, but the
                                                  > more I watch it, the more I see all the layers and I like it.

                                                • Jonathan
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jul 27 2:56 PM
                                                    Wahhhh, Sour Grapes...

                                                      <standinggreenman@...>wrote:

                                                      > I Have not seen this movie yet BUT I have been told it's better then the
                                                      > Spirit movie they told me it nothing like comic at all. --- On Fri,
                                                      > 24/7/09, primitivx <primitivx@...> wrote:
                                                      >

                                                      > From: primitivx <primitivx@...>
                                                      > Subject: [DCU] Re: Watchmen
                                                      > To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
                                                      >

                                                      > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "kwakuel@... " <kwakuel@...
                                                      > > wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Was it good. I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes watching this movie and it
                                                      > was a complete dissapointment.
                                                      > >

                                                      > I watched 3 times now, and I was a bit disappointed the first time, but the
                                                      > more I watch it, the more I see all the layers and I like it.

                                                    • Larry Talbot

                                                        I usually wait for movies to come out on DVD and get them from library,some
                                                        movies are worth the wait

                                                        <standinggreenman@...>wrote:

                                                        > I Have not seen this movie yet BUT I have been told it's better then the
                                                        > Spirit movie they told me it nothing like comic at all. --- On Fri,
                                                        > 24/7/09, primitivx <primitivx@...> wrote:
                                                        >

                                                        > From: primitivx <primitivx@...>
                                                        > Subject: [DCU] Re: Watchmen
                                                        > To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
                                                        >

                                                        > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "kwakuel@... " <kwakuel@...
                                                        > > wrote:
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Was it good. I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes watching this movie and it
                                                        > was a complete dissapointment.
                                                        > >

                                                        > I watched 3 times now, and I was a bit disappointed the first time, but
                                                        the
                                                        > more I watch it, the more I see all the layers and I like it.

                                                      • BRIAN BLACK
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jul 27 3:51 PM