Remember the Mail-Order Comic Book Companies?

  • Al
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2008
      Long before Mile High Comics, remember ROBERT BELL and all those other guys
      that used to put the little ads in the comic books (remember when comic
      books had one or two pages with those little advertisements?).

      Do any of you remember dealing with any of those companies? I never had a
      problem with Robert Bell, he seemed like a good dealer. I got scammed on a
      deal with some guy whose name escapes me, he was in Canada, which meant that
      the U.S. Postal Service could do nothing.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2008
        Oh, yeah...I did business with him way back when...Others were Howard Rogofsky, Passaic Book Center and many others...

        Mark...
        "Often duplicated...Never replicated"...

      • Al
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2008
          From: "Mark" <> Oh, yeah...I did business with him way back when...Others
          were Howard Rogofsky, Passaic Book Center and many others...

          I look back on all those guys with a certain amount of nostalgia. I wonder
          what happened to them? They were there back in the "Silver Age" of comics,
          when Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and Joe Simon were still working and way before
          ebay and online comic book stores.