Re: superhero movie- the justice society

  • Brian K. Swindler
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
      I would agree that the Justice Society would be an excellent choice.
      However there is a problem with ownership of some of the characters.
      In the second season of Justice League they wanted to do a JLA/JSA
      crossover. Couldn't be done because of those ownership and licensing
      problems. So they created characters that were just similar enough
      that fans could figure out who they were supposed to be but without
      infringing on the copyrights of the original JSA characters. That is
      why in JLU you only saw a handful of the characters. They were either
      the newer versions created by DC Comics or the ones that DC owned
      outright.

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "josephcloyd"
      <josephcloyd@...> wrote:

      > I just finished watching justice league unlimited on boomerang
      network. what
      > does everyone think about a justice society animated show? there
      could be
      > a JLA story that they go to one of the other earth's (52 anyone?)
      and let the
      > series go from there. If done right I think it could better than JL
      Unlimited.
      > Comments?

    • rob newton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2008
        id love to see a jsa show. the justice league unlimited did merge in lots of jsa characters dr fate in lots of them.I wish they would have had Mr. terrific doing more than just being the chairperson. they used huntress a lot.

        <josephcloyd@ ...> wrote:

        > I just finished watching justice league unlimited on boomerang
        network. what
        > does everyone think about a justice society animated show? there
        could be
        > a JLA story that they go to one of the other earth's (52 anyone?)
        and let the
        > series go from there. If done right I think it could better than JL
        Unlimited.
        > Comments?

      • Jeff Stevenson
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2008

          If DC is going to continue with their animated straight to DVD movies, one of my favorites is the Kingdom Come series.  There is a lot of good character development there and I’d love to see if they can capture the style of Alex Ross’s paintings in animated form.

          Jeff

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2008
            Brian,
            I wasn't aware of this.  Would you please provide some character substitution examples?
            Thanks,
            Darci

            <josephcloyd@ ...> wrote:

            > I just finished watching justice league unlimited on boomerang
            network. what
            > does everyone think about a justice society animated show? there
            could be
            > a JLA story that they go to one of the other earth's (52 anyone?)
            and let the
            > series go from there. If done right I think it could better than JL
            Unlimited.
            > Comments?

          • Brian Swindler