Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Rambo vs. 300 Spartans

Expand Messages
  • mariechoate
    As an older woman, I have to look at this from a different angle. Would I rather have Rambo conquer my bones or 300 Spartans? Those Spartans looked pretty
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      As an older woman, I have to look at this from a different angle. Would I rather have Rambo conquer my bones or 300 Spartans? Those Spartans looked pretty good, a lot better than Rambo. They could also speak clearly, which could come in handy during foreplay.
    • DK
      Two things: I didn t see the movie 300 Spartans but did it mention they had help? I can t remember the exact number, but it seems like they had about 10,000
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Two things:

        I didn't see the movie 300 Spartans but did it mention they had help?
        I can't remember the exact number, but it seems like they had about
        10,000 support troops with them.

        Now, mariechoate, you might want to run an anti-virus on your machine
        because, if you're not the person who earlier had a message deleted
        from here, you're probably infected with a bot or zombie sending out
        phantom emails under your email addy. If you are the same person,
        count yourself lucky that I didn't get to it first, otherwise you'd be
        banned from this group.

        DK


        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "mariechoate"
        <mariechoate@...> wrote:
        >
        > As an older woman, I have to look at this from a different angle.
        Would I rather have Rambo conquer my bones or 300 Spartans? Those
        Spartans looked pretty good, a lot better than Rambo. They could also
        speak clearly, which could come in handy during foreplay.
        >
      • primitivx
        ... The Spartans joined troops from other Greek cities. I do not think here were as many as 10,000 but it is not impossible. They were still way outnumbered by
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@...> wrote:
          >
          > Two things:
          >
          > I didn't see the movie 300 Spartans but did it mention they had help?
          > I can't remember the exact number, but it seems like they had about
          > 10,000 support troops with them.
          >

          The Spartans joined troops from other Greek cities. I do not think here were as many as
          10,000 but it is not impossible. They were still way outnumbered by the Persian forces (at
          least 250,000 troops).

          The Spartans were the first line of defense and in the narrow pass, it means they saw most of
          the action. Also, most of the greek troops left when it was clear that they could not hold the
          pass any longer, but the Spartans stayed to the dire end.
        • DK
          They stayed so the otehr Greeks could escape, hence the term Hold at All costs, or just plain fighting a holding action.... I m not taking anything away from
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            They stayed so the otehr Greeks could escape, hence the term Hold at
            All costs, or just plain fighting a holding action....

            I'm not taking anything away from the Spartans, after all they were
            the Greecian equivalent of the Special forces. While other Greek
            socieities searched for peace, and the meaning of life, the Spartans
            were training for war.

            And, even though the Spartans lost three hundred, how many of the
            readers out there knew who or what the Spartans were before the
            movie, comic and game cameout? Not that making people aware of the
            history is a bad thing, on the contrary it is a good thing, what is
            wrong, are those that didn't know they existed are now instant
            experts (I guess all you do is add water), much like LOTR a couple
            years ago. The least these experts can do is get the facts right
            (but then I guess that's not PC enough for the revisionist historians)
            >

            DK

            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "primitivx"
            <primitivx@...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@>
            wrote:
            > >
            > > Two things:
            > >
            > > I didn't see the movie 300 Spartans but did it mention they had
            help?
            > > I can't remember the exact number, but it seems like they had
            about
            > > 10,000 support troops with them.
            > >
            >
            > The Spartans joined troops from other Greek cities. I do not think
            here were as many as
            > 10,000 but it is not impossible. They were still way outnumbered by
            the Persian forces (at
            > least 250,000 troops).
            >
            > The Spartans were the first line of defense and in the narrow pass,
            it means they saw most of
            > the action. Also, most of the greek troops left when it was clear
            that they could not hold the
            > pass any longer, but the Spartans stayed to the dire end.
            >
          • diablodrakul
            primitivx The Spartans were the first line of defense and in the narrow pass, it means they saw most of the action. Historically, the Spartans may have
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              "primitivx" <> The Spartans were the first line of defense and in the
              narrow pass, it means they saw most of the action.>>

              Historically, the Spartans may have been the cat's meow, but if you saw
              the new RAMBO movie you would realize that if he was given enough ammo,
              RAMBO could wipe out the Spartans as a warm-up to taking out the
              Persians too.

              I just saw the movie this afternoon matinee, and it is incredible. I am
              not sure what the body count is, but Rambo easily took out 300 in the
              first hour of the movie.
            • primitivx
              ... This argument is just silly. Rambo is a fictional character, that uses blank ammo. You want to know the body count in Rambo: Zero. It is all fake man. The
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "diablodrakul" <diablodrakul@...> wrote:
                >
                > "primitivx" <> The Spartans were the first line of defense and in the
                > narrow pass, it means they saw most of the action.>>
                >
                > Historically, the Spartans may have been the cat's meow, but if you saw
                > the new RAMBO movie you would realize that if he was given enough ammo,
                > RAMBO could wipe out the Spartans as a warm-up to taking out the
                > Persians too.
                >
                > I just saw the movie this afternoon matinee, and it is incredible. I am
                > not sure what the body count is, but Rambo easily took out 300 in the
                > first hour of the movie.
                >

                This argument is just silly. Rambo is a fictional character, that uses blank ammo. You want to
                know the body count in Rambo: Zero. It is all fake man. The Spartans were for real.
              • DK
                Ahh but when we re talking about Rambo, then we re talking about movies and since the 300 (remember only the 300) was also a movie (and not a very historical
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  Ahh but when we're talking about Rambo, then we're talking about
                  movies and since the 300 (remember only the 300) was also a movie
                  (and not a very historical one, just based on history), the argument
                  is valid.

                  Now, for Rambo, remember a M60 throws alot of lead, and since the
                  Spartans have never seen a lead-thrower that makes noise like that,
                  I'm thinking that Rambo would become a new Greek God worshipped by
                  the Spartans.

                  DK

                  --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "primitivx"
                  <primitivx@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "diablodrakul"
                  <diablodrakul@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > "primitivx" <> The Spartans were the first line of defense and
                  in the
                  > > narrow pass, it means they saw most of the action.>>
                  > >
                  > > Historically, the Spartans may have been the cat's meow, but if
                  you saw
                  > > the new RAMBO movie you would realize that if he was given
                  enough ammo,
                  > > RAMBO could wipe out the Spartans as a warm-up to taking out the
                  > > Persians too.
                  > >
                  > > I just saw the movie this afternoon matinee, and it is
                  incredible. I am
                  > > not sure what the body count is, but Rambo easily took out 300
                  in the
                  > > first hour of the movie.
                  > >
                  >
                  > This argument is just silly. Rambo is a fictional character, that
                  uses blank ammo. You want to
                  > know the body count in Rambo: Zero. It is all fake man. The
                  Spartans were for real.
                  >
                • primitivx
                  ... Not really. It is just silly. Movies are what directors make them. A director could have the 300 Spartans butt rape Rambo for 2 hours if they wanted to. It
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Ahh but when we're talking about Rambo, then we're talking about
                    > movies and since the 300 (remember only the 300) was also a movie
                    > (and not a very historical one, just based on history), the argument
                    > is valid.
                    >

                    Not really. It is just silly. Movies are what directors make them. A director could have the 300
                    Spartans butt rape Rambo for 2 hours if they wanted to. It is just stupid and infantile at best.
                  • Al
                    From: DK
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                    • 0 Attachment
                      From: "DK" <Now, for Rambo, remember a M60 throws alot of lead, and since
                      the
                      Spartans have never seen a lead-thrower that makes noise like that, I'm
                      thinking that Rambo would become a new Greek God worshipped by the
                      Spartans.>

                      If Rambo could be sent back in time with all of his weapons and a spare
                      truck full of ammo, there would be no Greek civilization, and you can bet
                      democracy would not have existed either.

                      Is that such a bad thing?
                    • Al
                      From: primitivx
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                      • 0 Attachment
                        From: "primitivx" <have the 300 Spartans butt rape Rambo for 2 hours if they
                        wanted to. It is just stupid and infantile at best.
                        >

                        Not to the guy that's getting raped.

                        You are definitely very deep into Greek, and I will defer to your superior
                        knowledge.
                      • DK
                        OF course it s silly. It s Friday night, Sit back, relax throw your feet up and remember, it s Five O Clock somewhere. Oh and don t forget to tell
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                        • 0 Attachment
                          OF course it's silly. It's Friday night, Sit back, relax throw
                          your feet up and remember, it's Five O'Clock somewhere. Oh and
                          don't forget to tell yourself, it's only a movie.


                          DK
                          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "primitivx"
                          <primitivx@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@>
                          wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Ahh but when we're talking about Rambo, then we're talking about
                          > > movies and since the 300 (remember only the 300) was also a
                          movie
                          > > (and not a very historical one, just based on history), the
                          argument
                          > > is valid.
                          > >
                          >
                          > Not really. It is just silly. Movies are what directors make them.
                          A director could have the 300
                          > Spartans butt rape Rambo for 2 hours if they wanted to. It is just
                          stupid and infantile at best.
                          >
                        • primitivx
                          ... Illogical, does not compute... Yeah, you are right. Hurray for Rambo.
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                          • 0 Attachment
                            --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > OF course it's silly. It's Friday night, Sit back, relax throw
                            > your feet up and remember, it's Five O'Clock somewhere. Oh and
                            > don't forget to tell yourself, it's only a movie.
                            >
                            >
                            > DK

                            Illogical, does not compute...

                            Yeah, you are right. Hurray for Rambo.
                          • Al
                            From: primitivx You have been assimilated...
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                            • 0 Attachment
                              From: "primitivx" <Yeah, you are right. Hurray for Rambo.>

                              You have been assimilated...
                            • engstrom wade
                              that s an interesting angle, Marie...LOL. Too bad I don t speak Greek... mariechoate wrote: As an older woman, I have to look
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 2, 2008
                              • 0 Attachment
                                that's an interesting angle, Marie...LOL. Too bad I don't speak Greek...

                                mariechoate <mariechoate@...> wrote:
                                As an older woman, I have to look at this from a different angle. Would I rather have Rambo conquer my bones or 300 Spartans? Those Spartans looked pretty good, a lot better than Rambo. They could also speak clearly, which could come in handy during foreplay.


                                Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

                              • desmond burton
                                Getting Back on Track...Again.......and I m not foolish enough to compete with the Super Bowl! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dj1Vb2g38 Just as the title of
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 3, 2008
                                • 0 Attachment

                                  Getting Back on Track...Again.......and I'm not foolish enough to compete with the Super Bowl!

                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dj1Vb2g38

                                  Just as the title of this entry implies, no Afronerd Radio broadcast today for obvious reasons. An although I have nerdic tastes-the Superbowl is where it's at-GO GIANTS! I have to rep for the home team and besides the Iron Man trailer is scheduled to be shown at 7:30pm. Well all is not lost, feel free to stop by Monday at 7pm eastern with Daryll, Max and I, as we discuss the goings on in the comic world on another edition of The Comic Shoppe. And just as the guys from The Stack (above, courtesy of Pulp Secret) are waxing on the last issue of Y the Last Man, so shall we. In addition, we will discuss a number of favorite titles/graphic novel reads from last week (i.e. The New Captain America, final issue of Black Adam, Project Superpowers, Mighty Avengers, etc), the return of Smallville,the controversy surrounding The Boondocks and BET and of course the aforementioned Iron Man trailer. You guys know what to do-give us a call with your thoughts/opinions at-646-200-0104 or via email/IM-thecomicshoppe@yahoo. Be there, Be square and....GO GIANTS!

                                  And here is the Iron Man trailer (in full glory):

                                  http://www.stage6.com/user/GianfrancoDivX/video/1844326/iron-man-trailer

                                  engstrom wade <olewade43@...> wrote:
                                  that's an interesting angle, Marie...LOL. Too bad I don't speak Greek...

                                  mariechoate <mariechoate@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                                  As an older woman, I have to look at this from a different angle. Would I rather have Rambo conquer my bones or 300 Spartans? Those Spartans looked pretty good, a lot better than Rambo. They could also speak clearly, which could come in handy during foreplay.


                                  Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

                                • Al
                                  This is your second spam in a week. If you want to participate in a substantive manner with your URL/byline at the bottom, that is fine. This is a discussion
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 3, 2008
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    This is your second spam in a week. If you want to participate in a
                                    substantive manner with your URL/byline at the bottom, that is fine.

                                    This is a discussion group, feel free to discuss.

                                    Thanks,

                                    Al
                                  • Actionheroes
                                    So who took over after King Leonidas was killed? In the movie it seemed like his wife was in charge? Who were the ugly old guys in the tower and did they eat
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 5, 2008
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      So who took over after King Leonidas was killed? In the movie it seemed
                                      like his wife was in charge?

                                      Who were the ugly old guys in the tower and did they eat the young girl
                                      or were they just old perverts?
                                    • Charlie
                                      Actionheroes Who were the ugly old guys in the tower and did they eat the young girl or were they just old perverts? ... As an older person who happens to
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 6, 2008
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        "Actionheroes" <> Who were the ugly old guys in the tower and did they
                                        eat the young girl or were they just old perverts?
                                        >

                                        As an older person who happens to be a school teacher, I really have to
                                        object to the use of the term "old perverts."

                                        I feel that there is too much slang being used in this group, and that
                                        there are too many descriptive phrases being tossed around
                                        indescriminately and this makes it very hard for me to participate
                                        during school hours.
                                      • primitivx
                                        ... Man, my old school teacher followed me here. Vade Retro Satana!
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 6, 2008
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie" <cruller1955@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > "Actionheroes" <> Who were the ugly old guys in the tower and did they
                                          > eat the young girl or were they just old perverts?
                                          > >
                                          >
                                          > As an older person who happens to be a school teacher, I really have to
                                          > object to the use of the term "old perverts."
                                          >
                                          > I feel that there is too much slang being used in this group, and that
                                          > there are too many descriptive phrases being tossed around
                                          > indescriminately and this makes it very hard for me to participate
                                          > during school hours.
                                          >

                                          Man, my old school teacher followed me here. Vade Retro Satana!
                                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.