Re: Saw Superman Returns

  • Richard J.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
      Have you seen the movie yet?

      --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Vampy" <vampire63@...>
      wrote:

      So it was basically a romance and character study? Terms of Endearment
      for Superman? Any supervillains?
    • Vampy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
        From: "Richard J." <Have you seen the movie yet?>

        I am not sure if I will see it. If we are talking about a lot of romance and
        Lex Luthor and his lame kryptonite it sounds deadly boring.

        I realize the special effects with the plane are supposed to be outstanding,
        but saving a plane is not what I want to see from Superman.

        Where are the supervillains? And why have Lex Luthor in every movie? I never
        was #3 or #4 which were comedy movies, but wasn't Luthor in those also?
      • ---
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006
          i am mostly expecting that routh's superman returns would somehow a
          sequel to reeve's superman I-IV...

          BUT HOW COME--
          lois doesnt know Clark is Supe?

          i remember reeve being in a chamber to be immortal. it left an
          impression that the supe-costume is actually not removable for clark
          and lois to have sex [afterwards].

          actually, 'returns' could not pass as a sequel to other superman
          movies. it's like 'returns' has a story of its own when it comes to
          lois-clark love story [where 'returns' eventually evolved anyway]....

          by the way, is jason the "Eradicator"? just wondering...

          but the movie is all technically and visually pleasant than the
          previous movies [as expected]..

          thanks.

          --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J."
          <lightoller_ch@...> wrote:

          > sonofagun.
          >
          > It picked up exactly where Superman II kind of left off.
          >
          > Even had the John Williams score, which I didn't know it would do.
          >
          > Cameos by NOel Neill and Jack Larson.
          >
          > And Brandon Routh got the job because he SOUNDED like Chris Reeve.
          > But he certainly wasn't as big and imposing as Reeve was. I
          remember
          > watching Superman and going 'how could they not notice how large
          > Clark is?' Routh didn't have that same presence.
          >
          > Pity they didn't name Lois' kid after Jerome Siegel and Jerry
          > Shuster; Jerry instead of Jason.
          >
          > How much formation of the fortress of solitude crystals can you
          look
          > at?
          >
          > Eva Marie Saint (Martha Kent here) would win her Oscar at the same
          > time as Marlon Brando won his first Oscar.
          >
          > Really offered nothing new to the Superman story that was
          introduced
          > by Salkind, but it was fun to see the movies from twenty or thirty
          > years ago picked up so well.

        • Johnboy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2006
            As I recall, Clark gave her a super powered kiss at the end
            of Superman II that made her forget it ever happened.
            Yeah, I know, cop-out.
            jp