Re: [dc_comics_uncensored] Saw Superman Returns

  • Vampy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30 9:17 PM
      From: "Richard J." <Really offered nothing new to the Superman story that
      was introduced by Salkind, but it was fun to see the movies from twenty or
      thirty
      years ago picked up so well.>>

      So it was basically a romance and character study? Terms of Endearment for
      Superman? Any supervillains?
    • Richard J.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
        Have you seen the movie yet?

        --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Vampy" <vampire63@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
          From: "Richard J." <Have you seen the movie yet?>

          I am not sure if I will see it. If we are talking about a lot of romance and
          Lex Luthor and his lame kryptonite it sounds deadly boring.

          I realize the special effects with the plane are supposed to be outstanding,
          but saving a plane is not what I want to see from Superman.

          Where are the supervillains? And why have Lex Luthor in every movie? I never
          was #3 or #4 which were comedy movies, but wasn't Luthor in those also?
        • ---
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006
            i am mostly expecting that routh's superman returns would somehow a
            sequel to reeve's superman I-IV...

            BUT HOW COME--
            lois doesnt know Clark is Supe?

            i remember reeve being in a chamber to be immortal. it left an
            impression that the supe-costume is actually not removable for clark
            and lois to have sex [afterwards].

            actually, 'returns' could not pass as a sequel to other superman
            movies. it's like 'returns' has a story of its own when it comes to
            lois-clark love story [where 'returns' eventually evolved anyway]....

            by the way, is jason the "Eradicator"? just wondering...

            but the movie is all technically and visually pleasant than the
            previous movies [as expected]..

            thanks.

            --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J."
            <lightoller_ch@...> wrote:

            > sonofagun.
            >
            > It picked up exactly where Superman II kind of left off.
            >
            > Even had the John Williams score, which I didn't know it would do.
            >
            > Cameos by NOel Neill and Jack Larson.
            >
            > And Brandon Routh got the job because he SOUNDED like Chris Reeve.
            > But he certainly wasn't as big and imposing as Reeve was. I
            remember
            > watching Superman and going 'how could they not notice how large
            > Clark is?' Routh didn't have that same presence.
            >
            > Pity they didn't name Lois' kid after Jerome Siegel and Jerry
            > Shuster; Jerry instead of Jason.
            >
            > How much formation of the fortress of solitude crystals can you
            look
            > at?
            >
            > Eva Marie Saint (Martha Kent here) would win her Oscar at the same
            > time as Marlon Brando won his first Oscar.
            >
            > Really offered nothing new to the Superman story that was
            introduced
            > by Salkind, but it was fun to see the movies from twenty or thirty
            > years ago picked up so well.

          • Johnboy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 21, 2006
              As I recall, Clark gave her a super powered kiss at the end
              of Superman II that made her forget it ever happened.
              Yeah, I know, cop-out.
              jp