Re: [DCU] Holy Hot Flash, Batman! | Newsweek Entertainment | Newsweek.com

  • ben miller
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 8, 2008
      On Tuesday 08 January 2008 6:39:47 am Al wrote:
      > For a lesbian, she writes great stories about demented drug addicted men
      > with mental disorders and inner conflicts that cause them to constantly let
      > down everyone that depends on them. Just what I want in a superhero.

      Judge the work, not the person.

      But, other than you're not liking her work, you haven't told us how it's
      different from any other comic writer writing the same.
    • Lilia
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 8, 2008
        WTF? For a lesbian? What the hell is that supposed to mean??? I can't
        say that I have ever read her work, and I have to say that I am no fan
        of the described style of work, but what does her sexual orientation
        have to do with anything???? If you are saying that Lesbians don't know
        anything about demented drug addicted men, then perhaps you might want
        to look at most comic writers. They are geeks who watch HBO too much!
        They don't actually know this shit for the most part!

        And do you not like Spiderman at all? He may not have been a drug addict
        all his life, but it could be said that he has had mental disorders and
        inner conflicts since Stan wrote him. That's kinda the Marvel stamp (yes
        I realize that we are on the DCU board, but they don't create their
        heroes like that, Marvel does and pretty much always has.) of design.

        Al wrote:

        > From: "oliver harper" <this link there is authentic information about Ann
        > Nocenti.
        > >

        > For a lesbian, she writes great stories about demented drug addicted men
        > with mental disorders and inner conflicts that cause them to
        > constantly let
        > down everyone that depends on them. Just what I want in a superhero.

      • oliver harper
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 8, 2008
          if you had read Longshot,  you would have seen that there weren't demented drug addicted men with mental disorders and inner conflicts. only there were characters fighting for their freedom. you only have  fixed you in Typhoid Mary,
          antithesis of Daredevil, but the characters of Nocenti  are varied,  she do not focus solely on a theme.

          From: "oliver harper" <this link there is authentic information about Ann
          Nocenti.

          For a lesbian, she writes great stories about demented drug addicted men
          with mental disorders and inner conflicts that cause them to constantly let
          down everyone that depends on them. Just what I want in a superhero.

          “In brightest day, in blackest night,
          No evil shall escape my sight!
          Let those who worship evil’s might
          Beware my power – Green Lantern’s Light!”

          Web Revelación Yahoo! 2007:
          Premio Favorita del Público - ¡Vota tu preferida!

        • Al
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 8, 2008
            From: "Lilia" <> WTF? For a lesbian? what does her sexual orientation
            > have to do with anything???? >>

            Presumably she does not have any male romantic relationships, so her writing
            about them in every comic book shows a lot of dedication to her art. At
            least that is what I would imagine. Like when Elton John sings all of his
            love songs, I am thinking about pretty girls and he is thinking about
            something else.