686 members banned

  • Actionheroes
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2007
      It seems like every week we ban at least 10-15 spammers.

      In going over the membership rolls, I noticed that there were about 100
      members with names like BIGD*CK4U, SUCKMYC*CK, BIGSLUT, LESBOWH*RE,
      etc., I removed all those members. I don't know what kind of mental
      defective joins a comic book group with an email name like D*CKSUCKER,
      but I don't want that person posting or participating, I would consider
      that kind of person a sexual predator or just a sick pervert. If you
      want to call yourself P*SSYLICKER, do it somewhere else.

      I guess it is probably hard for you to imagine a list of 8500 members
      in which there are numerous columns of names like LICKMYHOLE and things
      like that. I don't like reading that crap, so I removed them all. If
      you want to join again, change your email name to something that is not
      perverted or sexually graphic.
    • Billy Lively

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
          Unfortunately a lot of people (kids I should say, or immature frat boys) think since this is "uncensored" they can use names like that.  And I think they join with those names because they think it's funny.  It isn't, it's juvenile and stupid.
          .
          I'm glad you are purging those.  Just because this group is uncensored doesn't mean it needs to sink into depravity.

          dave

            It seems like every week we ban at least 10-15 spammers.

            In going over the membership rolls, I noticed that there were about 100
            members with names like BIGD*CK4U, SUCKMYC*CK, BIGSLUT, LESBOWH*RE,
            etc., I removed all those members. I don't know what kind of mental
            defective joins a comic book group with an email name like D*CKSUCKER,
            but I don't want that person posting or participating, I would consider
            that kind of person a sexual predator or just a sick pervert. If you
            want to call yourself P*SSYLICKER, do it somewhere else.

            I guess it is probably hard for you to imagine a list of 8500 members
            in which there are numerous columns of names like LICKMYHOLE and things
            like that. I don't like reading that crap, so I removed them all. If
            you want to join again, change your email name to something that is not
            perverted or sexually graphic.

            Angel

          • Andrew Murzda
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
              I agree with you both.
              --- Dave <cosmic.dave@...> wrote:

              > Unfortunately a lot of people (kids I should say, or
              > immature frat boys) think since this is "uncensored"
              > they can use names like that. And I think they join
              > with those names because they think it's funny. It
              > isn't, it's juvenile and stupid.
              > .
              > I'm glad you are purging those. Just because this
              > group is uncensored doesn't mean it needs to sink
              > into depravity.
              >
              > dave

              0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
              > margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
              > -->
              >

              > <!--
              >
              > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,
              > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
              > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
              > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
              > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              > #ygrp-text{
              > font-family:Georgia;
              > }
              > #ygrp-text p{
              > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              > font-family:Arial;
              > clear:both;}
              > #ygrp-vitnav{

              > #ygrp-vitnav a{
              > padding:0 1px;}
              > #ygrp-actbar{
              > clear:both;margin:25px
              > 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}
              > #ygrp-actbar .left{
              > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              > #ygrp-grft{
              > #ygrp-ft{
              > font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px
              > solid #666;
              > padding:5px 0;
              > }
              > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              > padding-bottom:10px;}
              >
              > #ygrp-vital{

              background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px
              > 0 8px 8px;}
              > #ygrp-vital #vithd{

              > #ygrp-vital ul{
              > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              > #ygrp-vital ul li{
              > list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid
              > #e0ecee;
              > }
              > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

              > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              > font-weight:bold;}
              > #ygrp-vital a{
              > text-decoration:none;}
              >
              > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              > text-decoration:underline;}
              >
              > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              > padding:6px
              > 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
              > background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0
              > 8px;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              > padding:8px 0;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              > text-decoration:none;}

              === message truncated ===

              Make Yahoo! your homepage.
              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • ed franks
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                go for it. i run groups, i ban all of the spams

                Andrew Murzda <toonmanu2@...> wrote:
                I agree with you both.
                --- Dave <cosmic.dave@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                > Unfortunately a lot of people (kids I should say, or
                > immature frat boys) think since this is "uncensored"
                > they can use names like that. And I think they join
                > with those names because they think it's funny. It
                > isn't, it's juvenile and stupid.
                > .
                > I'm glad you are purging those. Just because this
                > group is uncensored doesn't mean it needs to sink
                > into depravity.
                >
                > dave

                color:#628c2a; font-size: 85%;font- weight:bold; line-height: 122%;margin: 10px
                > 0px;}
                > #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                > margin-bottom: 10px;}
                > #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                > padding:0 0;}
                > #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                > color:#0000ff; text-decoration: none;}
                > -->
                >

                > <!--
                >
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                > font-family: Arial;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                > margin:10px

                0px;font-weight: bold;font- size:78%; line-height: 122%;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                > margin-bottom: 10px;padding: 0 0;}
                > -->
                >

                > <!--
                >
                > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,
                > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
                > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}
                > #ygrp-text{
                > font-family: Georgia;
                > }
                > #ygrp-text p{
                > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                > font-family: Arial;
                > clear:both;}
                > #ygrp-vitnav{

                padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}
                > #ygrp-vitnav a{
                > padding:0 1px;}
                > #ygrp-actbar{
                > clear:both;margin: 25px
                > 0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }
                > #ygrp-actbar .left{
                > float:left;white- space:nowrap; }
                > .bld{font-weight: bold;}
                > #ygrp-grft{
                > #ygrp-ft{
                > font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px
                > solid #666;
                > padding:5px 0;
                > }
                > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                > padding-bottom: 10px;}
                >
                > #ygrp-vital{

                background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px
                > 0 8px 8px;}
                > #ygrp-vital #vithd{

                font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }
                > #ygrp-vital ul{
                > padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}
                > #ygrp-vital ul li{
                > list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid
                > #e0ecee;
                > }
                > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

                font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}
                > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                > font-weight: bold;}
                > #ygrp-vital a{
                > text-decoration: none;}
                >
                > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                > text-decoration: underline; }
                >
                > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                > color:#999;font- size:77%; }
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                > padding:6px
                > 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                > #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                > background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0
                > 8px;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                > padding:8px 0;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

                font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                > text-decoration: none;}

                === message truncated ===

                Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

              • Al
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                  From: "A M" <> Bravo, good job. get rid of all these deranged wierdos from
                  our society we hold true and dear.

                  Uncensored means we can talk about anything we want regarding the comic book
                  industry, writers, artists, etc. Some folks think uncensored means
                  pornography.

                  It is very sad to see the society of today in America. Last week, Sean
                  Taylor of the Washington Redskins was killed in his home here in Miami. The
                  teenagers that killed him were friends of friends of Taylor's sister, and
                  apparently one of them visited the home because Taylor's sister hosted some
                  big party there. They heard how much money Taylor had and went back to rob
                  the house. Taylor happened to be home and he was shot and ended up dying.

                  Why? I think it has a lot to do with A) lack of religion in public schools
                  and B) pornography in America.

                  Since religion and religious groups were banned from public schools, what
                  that means is that the poorest members of society get absolutely zero moral
                  education in many cases. The rich lawyers who had those laws and court
                  opinions passed are in almost every case sending their own kids to private
                  religious schools were their kids get great educations and great
                  moral/religious foundations. So who got screwed in the interests of the
                  seperation of church and state? The poor kids.

                  Then came Playboy magazine and that ultimate pajama-wearing scumbag, Hugh
                  Hefner. He opened the doors to hardcore pornography in America, and now it
                  is everywhere. What does porn do? If you are using it as part of a healthy
                  relationship, I guess that it is up to the individual/couple's judgment. But
                  there is so much unhealthy and sick stuff out there and kids are often
                  exposed to it because it is so easy to get. You name the sick activity, and
                  anyone can find it anywhere. Even on Yahoo there are adult groups and all
                  you have to say is that you are an adult. Yahoo does not check. So we have a
                  godless society where kids are exposed to every perversion at the click of a
                  computer key, and America is not the same place I was born into, and it is
                  becoming a very sick place.

                  Which all ties in to the "Mature" Comic Books and why I hate them so much.
                  If I needed to see depressing crap I would turn on the news every night, I
                  don't need to read a comic book.

                  Thanks for reading my rant if you got this far!!!
                • Denise M
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                    I can agree in part of what you say here.  There is a lot of ills in our society, and a lot of them are here on the Internet.  The two things you mention are certainly secondary reasons why senseless things happen in our society.

                    But the main reason has to start at home.  My home, your home, everyone's home.  Not all of us have the ideal circumstances to deal with, I know; there are millions of single parent homes and even worse situations out there.  But parents still bear the main responsibility to teach our children right from wrong, to give them a moral pillar to lean on, to explain what these things are that are out there and why they are wrong, to educate them and nurture them so that they don't grow up to rob and kill.

                    I think one of the main reasons I have always been drawn to the DC comics is that the heroes usually do stand for what is right...even though they are not perfect, and they all come from different backgrounds and cultures.

                    Thanks for  listening to my 'reply' rant!

                    'Wonder Woman'
                    Denise

                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                      From: "Denise M" <> But the main reason has to start at home. My home, your
                      home, everyone's home. parents still bear the main responsibility to teach
                      our children right from wrong, to give them a moral pillar to lean on, to
                      explain what these things are that are out there and why they are wrong, to
                      educate them and nurture them so that they don't grow up to rob and kill.

                      I agree with you, but I know how public schools are way different from
                      private schooling. I grew up in a mildly religious environment and went to a
                      private elementary school. Then I was sent to public school and it was like
                      night and day.

                      The lack of any kind of positive standards in public school are hard to
                      emphasize enough. It is not just that religion is banned from public
                      schools. It is that there is absolutely no teaching about right and wrong,
                      morality, social mores, courtesy, civilized conduct, etc. Even a class about
                      "How to stay out of prison" would be a positive compared to what is the norm
                      right now.

                      Then add to that the fact that your son or daughter could ask to go on
                      Wikipedia to find out some information for their school project. How hard is
                      it for them to find porn? Even YOUTUBE.COM has a lot of nasty crap on it.

                      So you educate your kids about right and wrong and then send them to an
                      atheistic school environment and a society that promotes promiscuous sex and
                      drugs and alcohol. Not to mention violence.

                      When I was a kid, I regularly walked to the supermarket to go buy a gallon
                      of milk or something along those lines. If you watch Leave It To Beaver or
                      similar shows of that era, kids routinely walked all over town with very
                      little fear of being raped, murdered, kidnapped, etc. Now it seems like
                      every day some kid is abducted. Kids can barely get to the bus stop to go to
                      school and then run back home. Kids can't go play in the park after school
                      by themselves like when I was a kid.

                      America has become an amoral place where crime and murder are the norm. I
                      recall seeing some news report a while back about some kid whose grandmother
                      let him go to the park and he got kidnapped. My first reaction was "Well
                      what did she expect? He went to the park alone." Then I thought about how
                      much the world has changed from the time when I was a kid and I used to go
                      to the park alone every day, and so did most of the other kids from the
                      neighborhood.
                    • Allen Smith
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                        Be careful.  There will be plenty of people who will snipe at you for mentioning the word religion.

                             Allen Smith

                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 8, 2007
                          Agreed :)

                          I do have a question. How did you bann 686 members? I am also an owner but
                          can only remove 50 a day. So if there is a way to get bann more then 50, pls
                          let me know
                          Thnx

                          Inge,
                          http://inge-sites.cjb.net
                          http://inge.geeftles.nl
                          http://babyseals.care2.com/welcome?w=839295635
                          http://babyseals.care2.com/i?p=839295635 Please click once a day to save
                          babyseals
                          http://www.hi5.com/i?l=V0AX0SF
                          http://spaces.msn.com/members/iot
                          http://www.myspace.com/IngeStorm
                          http://stormiot.web-log.nl/
                          http://community.webshots.com/user/ingestorm

                        • Al
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 8, 2007
                            From: "Inge aka Storm" <> I do have a question. How did you bann 686
                            members? I am also an owner but can only remove 50 a day. So if there is a
                            way to get bann more then 50, pls let me know
                            > Thnx

                            686 TOTAL, not all in one day. BTW, why do you always post a giant list of
                            links? I usually edit them out, but I was wondering. If you only posted one
                            or two links I might actually visit them...You used to also post some good
                            artwork (thanks!)
                          • DK
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 9, 2007
                              I do have to say this is the most porno-spam I've seen in any groups
                              I moderate, including the Adult ones. It's almost like someone
                              visited the porno sites and gives this group's email address. Very
                              strange.

                              DK

                              --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Al" <actionheroes@...>
                              wrote:

                              > From: "Inge aka Storm" <> I do have a question. How did you bann
                              686
                              > members? I am also an owner but can only remove 50 a day. So if
                              there is a
                              > way to get bann more then 50, pls let me know
                              > > Thnx
                              > >

                              > 686 TOTAL, not all in one day. BTW, why do you always post a giant
                              list of
                              > links? I usually edit them out, but I was wondering. If you only
                              posted one
                              > or two links I might actually visit them...You used to also post
                              some good
                              > artwork (thanks!)

                            • primitivx
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 9, 2007
                                Yeah. Who could ever imagine that guys who like porn would want to frequent a forum
                                where kids and grown men exchange their excitement about comic books based on
                                characters with huge muscles, spandex clothing, hyper-sexed women, and SM life-style.

                                --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@...> wrote:

                                > I do have to say this is the most porno-spam I've seen in any groups
                                > I moderate, including the Adult ones. It's almost like someone
                                > visited the porno sites and gives this group's email address. Very
                                > strange.
                                >
                                > DK
                                >
                                > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Al" <actionheroes@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > From: "Inge aka Storm" <> I do have a question. How did you bann
                                > 686
                                > > members? I am also an owner but can only remove 50 a day. So if
                                > there is a
                                > > way to get bann more then 50, pls let me know
                                > > > Thnx
                                > > >

                                > > 686 TOTAL, not all in one day. BTW, why do you always post a giant
                                > list of
                                > > links? I usually edit them out, but I was wondering. If you only
                                > posted one
                                > > or two links I might actually visit them...You used to also post
                                > some good
                                > > artwork (thanks!)

                              • Al
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 9, 2007
                                  From: "primitivx" <based on characters with huge muscles, spandex clothing,
                                  hyper-sexed women, and SM life-style.>>

                                  That's what modern comix have become. When it started, the stories tried to
                                  be about more than just what you stated. Back in the 1940s, comic books had
                                  a lot more themes. Boy's Life, Classics Illustrated, and many others were
                                  about the same topics as Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, etc.
                                • DK
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 9, 2007
                                    You misread what I wrote, so I will restate it: It seems like with
                                    the amount of porn we're getting, someone is PURPOSLY giving this
                                    email addy to the porn-sites.

                                    DK

                                    --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "primitivx"
                                    <primitivx@...> wrote:

                                    > Yeah. Who could ever imagine that guys who like porn would want to
                                    frequent a forum
                                    > where kids and grown men exchange their excitement about comic
                                    books based on
                                    > characters with huge muscles, spandex clothing, hyper-sexed
                                    women, and SM life-style.

                                    > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@>
                                    wrote:

                                    > > I do have to say this is the most porno-spam I've seen in any
                                    groups
                                    > > I moderate, including the Adult ones. It's almost like someone
                                    > > visited the porno sites and gives this group's email address.
                                    Very
                                    > > strange.
                                    > >
                                    > > DK
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Al"
                                    <actionheroes@>
                                    > > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > From: "Inge aka Storm" <> I do have a question. How did you
                                    bann
                                    > > 686
                                    > > > members? I am also an owner but can only remove 50 a day. So
                                    if
                                    > > there is a
                                    > > > way to get bann more then 50, pls let me know
                                    > > > >

                                    > > > 686 TOTAL, not all in one day. BTW, why do you always post a
                                    giant
                                    > > list of
                                    > > > links? I usually edit them out, but I was wondering. If you
                                    only
                                    > > posted one
                                    > > > or two links I might actually visit them...You used to also
                                    post
                                    > > some good
                                    > > > artwork (thanks!)

                                  • Al
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 9, 2007
                                      From: "DK" <someone is PURPOSLY giving this email addy to the p*rn-sites.>>

                                      Back when there was a thread about the l*sbian Batwoman is when all the spam
                                      for l*sbian p*rn started. I think it is that the spam-bots search google for
                                      certain keywords and then the automated software sends out the daily spam
                                      based on words that are used.

                                      For example, there are various discussions that probably trigger more spam.
                                      Like mentioning p*rn, l*sbians, ad*lt, unc*nsored, etc., will no doubt cause
                                      the spam to double for several weeks.

                                      In other words, by discussing these things we trigger more of it. 99% of the
                                      spam is sent through automated software. I have come to the conclusion that
                                      the best way to avoid it is by ignoring it and not mentioning it any more.
                                      So I am going to restrain myself from remarking about it in the future.