Re: [dc_comics_uncensored] Re: Is Nothing New?

  • Vampy
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
      From: "duncan berry" <> 1 dick grayson now nightwing
      > 2 jason todd killed by the joker but now back as the red hood
      > 3 tim drake
      > 4 Stephanie brown only for a few months to replace tim killed in war games
      > 5 tim drake back again

      What about Lance, the 1-issue Robin? and how many other Robins are there
      "outside" of continuity?

      Seems to me like it is time to have one Robin live to adult-hood (besides
      Nightwing) and let the guy go off on his own. Let Batman buy a cat or a dog
      if he needs companionship. Maybe he can start patrolling Gotham on a horse.
    • duncan berry
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
        well since in comic timeline Batman has only been around for 10-15 years there hasn't been time for any robins beside nightwing to reach adulthood tim is 17 i think so he getting there .
        As for the "first" robin brave and bold story's never took place inside DC continuity and were separate

        From: "duncan berry" <> 1 dick grayson now nightwing
        > 2 jason todd killed by the joker but now back as the red hood
        > 3 tim drake
        > 4 Stephanie brown only for a few months to replace tim killed in war games
        > 5 tim drake back again

        What about Lance, the 1-issue Robin? and how many other Robins are there
        "outside" of continuity?

        Seems to me like it is time to have one Robin live to adult-hood (besides
        Nightwing) and let the guy go off on his own. Let Batman buy a cat or a dog
        if he needs companionship. Maybe he can start patrolling Gotham on a horse.

      • Richard J.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 12, 2006
          No research at all, really. I just bought a handful of old Brave and
          Bold reprints and there it was.

          sonofagun.

          Dick Grayson was the first Robin. This kid, Lance, is basically a
          prototype of Jason Todd. He came after Dick Grayson-Robin, wanted to
          be accepted, but had questionable morals, and in the end tried to
          prove himself and died in the process.

          --- In dc_comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Vampy" <vampire63@...>
          wrote:
          Great research. I appreciate the historical perspective, especially
          since it really fell through the cracks back when Jason Todd? got
          killed. So who was the first Robin? Apparently Dick Grayson was #2?
        • Richard J.
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 12, 2006
            In this story, Lance isn't so much "another Robin" but he is a
            predecessor to the Jason Todd saga, killing off a ward of Bruce
            Wayne's who is trying to become Robin and doesn't succeed.

            So Jason Todd has been brought back? Fine.

            Unlikely Lance will ever return, again, even if this story was "still
            in the DC history" its a forgotten story, but still, the groundwork
            for what was to become -- Jason Todd: will he live or die? -- is
            there.