Re: Here we go again

  • DK
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
      If you think I'm easily shocked, and don't know the difference
      between adult and non-adult, then I invite you to come to the
      castle, the addy is on my profile.

      When I say porn, I mean porn.

      DK

      --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "primitivx"
      <primitivx@...> wrote:

      > I did not see the pics but I know that generally people who get
      shocked are usually
      > exagerating what shocked them in the first place. Could it be the
      problem?

      > And I would like to know the number of actual kids who frequent
      this type of forum?

      > --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "christine nightstar"
      <nightstar@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > It is definitely suggestive to say the least.... and It is
      definitely not PG or R rated
      > material.
      > > Thats not even reading captions... After reading the captions...
      17+ is the min. I'd
      > suggest
      > > the Material for, and I'm being Gracious... I agree its
      unacceptable for a sight for kids.

      > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@>
      wrote:

      > > > First the new pics aren't even close to being DC.
      > > >
      > > > Second and most important, if at least one isn't porn it comes
      also
      > > > close to it.
      > > >
      > > > Cmon faulty, you know kids are here, what you're posting is
      > > > unacceptable.
      > > >
      > > > Where's the Mod when you need them.
      > > >
      > > > DK

    • Stephen .
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
        I don't understand the argument here.
        If you go to someone's home,
        break out a playboy magazine,
        and the person asks you to put it away,
        any normal person would,
        no question.
        Somehow in an online forum people lose that basic respect of other's home (even if it is a virtual one).  If the mods. say they don't want it here, they don't want it here.  We don't need long discussions on what is of is not porn, just don't do it.

        I'm sorry for coming off as strong minded or rude, but I'm normally a lurker who is getting tired of long strings of messages fighting morality when I want to know about the Final Crisis, how stupid Jack Black as GL would be, and if Superman can be saved as a movie series.

        I think the porn posters need to a yahoo group called one_handed_typing_DC_fans@yahoogroups.com  .  Personally, if I need to look at a naked woman or sex I'm going upstairs and being nice to my wife for a little while.

        <primitivx@. ..> wrote:

        > I did not see the pics but I know that generally people who get
        shocked are usually
        > exagerating what shocked them in the first place. Could it be the
        problem?

        > And I would like to know the number of actual kids who frequent
        this type of forum?

        > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "christine nightstar"
        <nightstar@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > It is definitely suggestive to say the least.... and It is
        definitely not PG or R rated
        > material.
        > > Thats not even reading captions... After reading the captions...
        17+ is the min. I'd
        > suggest
        > > the Material for, and I'm being Gracious... I agree its
        unacceptable for a sight for kids.

        > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "DK" <jetstar001@ >
        wrote:

        > > > First the new pics aren't even close to being DC.
        > > >
        > > > Second and most important, if at least one isn't porn it comes
        also
        > > > close to it.
        > > >
        > > > Cmon faulty, you know kids are here, what you're posting is
        > > > unacceptable.
        > > >
        > > > Where's the Mod when you need them.
        > > >
        > > > DK

      • matthew burke
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
          i'll agree with this. i have nothing against it and i have some myself but the owners said they don't want it here....end of story. if you want join my comic book group and we can discuss it there if you want. but the moderator has spoken.....get over it

          <primitivx@. ..> wrote:

          > I did not see the pics but I know that generally people who get
          shocked are usually
          > exagerating what shocked them in the first place. Could it be the
          problem?

          > And I would like to know the number of actual kids who frequent
          this type of forum?

          > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "christine nightstar"
          <nightstar@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > It is definitely suggestive to say the least.... and It is
          definitely not PG or R rated
          > material.
          > > Thats not even reading captions... After reading the captions...
          17+ is the min. I'd
          > suggest
          > > the Material for, and I'm being Gracious... I agree its
          unacceptable for a sight for kids.

          > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "DK" <jetstar001@ >
          wrote:

          > > > First the new pics aren't even close to being DC.
          > > >
          > > > Second and most important, if at least one isn't porn it comes
          also
          > > > close to it.
          > > >
          > > > Cmon faulty, you know kids are here, what you're posting is
          > > > unacceptable.
          > > >
          > > > Where's the Mod when you need them.
          > > >
          > > > DK

        • Al
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
            From: "primitivx" <I would like to know the number of actual kids who
            frequent this type of forum?>>

            There are 8500 members and not all list their age, but there are at least
            100 that are between 13 and 17 years old.
          • primitivx
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
              I don't want to sound rude, but I think you should restraint plugging your book group on
              another group. This has happened a couple of time on this discussion.

              I do understand that the moderator disapprove of racy material. But as it is always the
              case, the line of censorship is drawn rather arbitrarily and i was just suggesting that some
              material may look worse to some people than to other people.

              To be really fair, no pictures should be allowed at all, instead on relying to one's person
              approval. This group's says: Rant, Rave, Cheer, Discuss D.C. Comics! Seems to me it
              advertises as a discussion group, not a gallery one.

              Or, one could easily argue that a picture can be a symbolic of a cheer or a rant. Isn't it
              said that a picture is worth a thousand words? In any way we look at it, this uncensored
              group is exercising censorship, and favors one side of an issue over another. Moreover, if
              some pictures are censored in the name of morale and children, then some words,
              concepts, and subjects ought to be as well. This is at odds with the free flowing of ideas
              and freedom of expression an uncensored group should promote.

              I say, let this group be a discussion one, and leave all pictures out of it, or accept them all
              as long as they are related to D.C. Comics. And remember that if there was no artists
              ready to shook up the world with controversial art, we would have little to talk about here
              except Archie and his friends.

              --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, matthew burke <dutch8700@...>
              wrote:

              > i'll agree with this. i have nothing against it and i have some myself but the owners said
              they don't want it here....end of story. if you want join my comic book group and we can
              discuss it there if you want. but the moderator has spoken.....get over it

              > "Stephen ." <shipple@...> wrote: I don't understand the argument here.
              > If you go to someone's home,
              > break out a playboy magazine,
              > and the person asks you to put it away,
              > any normal person would,
              > no question.
              > Somehow in an online forum people lose that basic respect of other's home (even if it
              is a virtual one). If the mods. say they don't want it here, they don't want it here. We
              don't need long discussions on what is of is not porn, just don't do it.

              > I'm sorry for coming off as strong minded or rude, but I'm normally a lurker who is
              getting tired of long strings of messages fighting morality when I want to know about the
              Final Crisis, how stupid Jack Black as GL would be, and if Superman can be saved as a
              movie series.

              > I think the porn posters need to a yahoo group called
              one_handed_typing_DC_fans@yahoogroups.com . Personally, if I need to look at a naked
              woman or sex I'm going upstairs and being nice to my wife for a little while.

              > DK <jetstar001@...> wrote:
              > If you think I'm easily shocked, and don't know the difference
              > between adult and non-adult, then I invite you to come to the
              > castle, the addy is on my profile.
              >
              > When I say porn, I mean porn.
              >
              > DK
              >
              > --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "primitivx"
              > <primitivx@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I did not see the pics but I know that generally people who get
              > shocked are usually
              > > exagerating what shocked them in the first place. Could it be the
              > problem?
              > >
              > > And I would like to know the number of actual kids who frequent
              > this type of forum?
              > >
              > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "christine nightstar"
              > <nightstar@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > It is definitely suggestive to say the least.... and It is
              > definitely not PG or R rated
              > > material.
              > > > Thats not even reading captions... After reading the captions...
              > 17+ is the min. I'd
              > > suggest
              > > > the Material for, and I'm being Gracious... I agree its
              > unacceptable for a sight for kids.
              > > >
              > > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@>

              > also

            • matthew burke
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 14, 2007
                well excuse me for offering a solution so we can get off this topic, and not to be "rude" but if your not a moderator or owner of the group it's really none of your concern. but i guess i'll stop sending the character bio's i research and send out every other week to this group then since you seem to not want my services. I do that for my group but i figured the other groups I belong to would be interested, but since you want me to refrain from metioning my group i guess everyone can lose out now
                thank you

                wrote:

                > i'll agree with this. i have nothing against it and i have some myself but the owners said
                they don't want it here....end of story. if you want join my comic book group and we can
                discuss it there if you want. but the moderator has spoken.....get over it

                > "Stephen ." <shipple@... > wrote: I don't understand the argument here.
                > If you go to someone's home,
                > break out a playboy magazine,
                > and the person asks you to put it away,
                > any normal person would,
                > no question.
                > Somehow in an online forum people lose that basic respect of other's home (even if it
                is a virtual one). If the mods. say they don't want it here, they don't want it here. We
                don't need long discussions on what is of is not porn, just don't do it.

                > I'm sorry for coming off as strong minded or rude, but I'm normally a lurker who is
                getting tired of long strings of messages fighting morality when I want to know about the
                Final Crisis, how stupid Jack Black as GL would be, and if Superman can be saved as a
                movie series.

                > I think the porn posters need to a yahoo group called
                one_handed_typing_ DC_fans@yahoogro ups.com . Personally, if I need to look at a naked
                woman or sex I'm going upstairs and being nice to my wife for a little while.

                > DK <jetstar001@ ...> wrote:
                > If you think I'm easily shocked, and don't know the difference
                > between adult and non-adult, then I invite you to come to the
                > castle, the addy is on my profile.
                >
                > When I say porn, I mean porn.
                >
                > DK
                >
                > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "primitivx"
                > <primitivx@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I did not see the pics but I know that generally people who get
                > shocked are usually
                > > exagerating what shocked them in the first place. Could it be the
                > problem?
                > >
                > > And I would like to know the number of actual kids who frequent
                > this type of forum?
                > >
                > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "christine nightstar"
                > <nightstar@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > It is definitely suggestive to say the least.... and It is
                > definitely not PG or R rated
                > > material.
                > > > Thats not even reading captions... After reading the captions...
                > 17+ is the min. I'd
                > > suggest
                > > > the Material for, and I'm being Gracious... I agree its
                > unacceptable for a sight for kids.
                > > >
                > > > --- In DC_Comics_uncensore d@yahoogroups. com, "DK" <jetstar001@ >

                > also

              • Al
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 14, 2007
                  From: "matthew burke" <if your not a moderator or owner of the group it's
                  really none of your concern. but i guess i'll stop sending the character
                  bio's i research >

                  Now, now boys. This seems like the beginning of a flame war, and as we all
                  know, NOBODY WINS WHEN EVERYONE LOSES. It is like the Clone Saga or Heroes
                  Reborn. Very painful and ultimately unfulfilling.
                • primitivx
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 14, 2007
                    Sorry, I am not trying to steer any war. I just believe that it is a lack of etiquette. Obviously,
                    this is something for the moderator to judge on his own group.

                    However, seeing how a simple remark like this gets such an emotional response, it reinforces
                    my feeling considering people being overly shocked by some imagery.

                    I will agree that we need to get back on track and discuss about the comic books.