Off Topic What could be Bluejackets other powers abilties

  • Jason Case
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31 5:54 PM
      One of them is flight. Another is some kind of blasters he has. He
      needs I think maybe one or two more.
    • matthew burke
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
        dude you keep giving all your chracters 6 to 7 powers. you can't be a telepath and also strong and invulrable then add flight and energy blast on top of it. its too much. what you need to do is come up with a power and then think of new ways to use that power. what i mean is if someone has an energy blast or something, make it so he can use that energy to fly if he focuses it through his feet, if you want you can also make it so he can make a shield with his energy. be more creative with the powers instead of just throwing too many powers at a character

        Jason Case <nightavenger25@...> wrote:
        One of them is flight. Another is some kind of blasters he has. He
        needs I think maybe one or two more.

      • primitivx
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2007
          I agree with this. Take the Fantastic Four, Spider-man, Magneto, Flash, Scarecrow, etc.
          they all mostly have one power that they use in creative ways. Flash is fast, then he can
          vibrate fast enough to go through walls. Sue Storm, beside invisibility that is probably
          related to her force field ability, can levitate, enclose enemies, create walls. Magneto
          basically control metals and can use this is various ways. The human torch uses fire in a
          way that propels him in the air.

          Unrelated powers often are not as creative, and can be difficult to explain or use
          efficiently. Beside Superman and Green Lantern, not many meta humans have a panoply of
          powers. Stick to one or two, and be creative.

          --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, matthew burke <dutch8700@...>
          wrote:

          > dude you keep giving all your chracters 6 to 7 powers. you can't be a telepath and also
          strong and invulrable then add flight and energy blast on top of it. its too much. what you
          need to do is come up with a power and then think of new ways to use that power. what i
          mean is if someone has an energy blast or something, make it so he can use that energy
          to fly if he focuses it through his feet, if you want you can also make it so he can make a
          shield with his energy. be more creative with the powers instead of just throwing too many
          powers at a character

          > Jason Case <nightavenger25@...> wrote: One of them is flight. Another is some
          kind of blasters he has. He
          > needs I think maybe one or two more.

        • Al
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2007
            From: "primitivx" <Unrelated powers often are not as creative, and can be
            difficult to explain or use efficiently. >>

            Check out the 1960s Captain Action (DC Comics) for another superhero who had
            a variety of super-powers. He did not last long (and was a licensed
            character from Ideal Toys), but he had found a chest of magic coins and each
            coin gave him a different super-power. He could use several coins at the
            same time, iirc.
          • DK
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2007
              I agree with matthew, and, I might add, instead of asking people
              what they think, be creative, do it yourself.

              DK

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 6, 2007
                --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "DK" <jetstar001@...> wrote:

                Yeah, I am about to demand co-authorship. I don't know if you only want to create
                interest for your project, do not have enough imagination, or are simply wasting people's
                time with something that will never get done in the end.

                Do you have previous projects to show us?

                > I agree with matthew, and, I might add, instead of asking people
                > what they think, be creative, do it yourself.
                >

                > DK
                >
                > --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, matthew burke
                > <dutch8700@> wrote:
                > >
                > > dude you keep giving all your chracters 6 to 7 powers. you can't
                > be a telepath and also strong and invulrable then add flight and
                > energy blast on top of it. its too much. what you need to do is come
                > up with a power and then think of new ways to use that power. what i
                > mean is if someone has an energy blast or something, make it so he
                > can use that energy to fly if he focuses it through his feet, if you
                > want you can also make it so he can make a shield with his energy.
                > be more creative with the powers instead of just throwing too many
                > powers at a character
                > >
                > > Jason Case <nightavenger25@> wrote: One of them is
                > flight. Another is some kind of blasters he has. He
                > > needs I think maybe one or two more.

              • The Grey Man
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 6, 2007
                  I think he is creative but it's nice to sometimes ask others for input. I reckon Blue Jacket could be some sort of sea-faring, water power type of name ;-) or historical based origin, a blue jacket sounds like maybe a nautical or military nickname perhaps? Could be a chronological displaced hero, maybe an English soldier from the time of the American revolution, it'd be cool to play him, imagine how confused he'd be by the twists & turns of history. (I think they might've been nicknamed red jackets, not sure but an intersting concept maybe??)

                  I hope this message turns up on the forum I don't post often as when I do they never seem to show up ;-(

                • christine nightstar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Just so you know I can somewhat sympathize with him... It is hard to create a whole world
                    from scratch when you are writing....I've called in help before too. So have others... but
                    characters are something I've never had a problem creating... thing about creating
                    adversaries/enemies for your charaters you don't always need to supply all the facts about
                    them right away. Draw it out over several chapters, several books or even several series...
                    as they tend to evolve with time...

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                      help is one thing asking for people to come up with almost every aspect of the character is too much

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007