Re: [DCU] Re: Green lantern

  • Mark Milton
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 7, 2007
      The GL ring is regularly described as being the most powerful weapon in the universe.  Although there are several thousands of them, not to much the occasional 'lost' or 'hidden' ring that seems to turn up on earth!  Without the yellow imperfection the only real limitation is the need to recharge it.
      Now, what we need to see is a Daxamite GL assigned to a yellow sun sector!  That would be one bad motha...

      On 3/7/07, Skinzareback76@... <Skinzareback76@...> wrote:

      So , in essence , Green Lantern could be the most powerful character in all of comic book history? I have often wondered who is generally assumed to be the most powerful.

    • Karl Sloan
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 7, 2007
        Actually, i have read a fanfiction which is ongoing
        and very well written, in which there is a daxamite
        gl, although i can't remember if he was assigned to a
        yellow sun sector. i know he did some work in such
        sectors though.

        they have some great stories here. check em out....

        http://www.continuumworlds.org/indexb.html

        --- Mark Milton <King.Hyperion@...> wrote:

        > The GL ring is regularly described as being the most
        > powerful weapon in the
        > universe. Although there are several thousands of
        > them, not to much the
        > occasional 'lost' or 'hidden' ring that seems to
        > turn up on earth! Without
        > the yellow imperfection the only real limitation is
        > the need to recharge it.
        > Now, what we need to see is a Daxamite GL assigned
        > to a yellow sun sector!
        > That would be one bad motha...
        >

        > On 3/7/07, Skinzareback76@...
        > <Skinzareback76@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > So , in essence , Green Lantern could be the
        > most powerful character in
        > > all of comic book history? I have often wondered
        > who is generally assumed to
        > > be the most powerful.
        > >

        > > ------------------------------
        > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out
        > more about what's free
        > > from AOL at

        *AOL.com*<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom>.

        "Worlds Within Worlds....
        Worlds Without End...."

        Karl Sloan, Class of "86"

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
      • Rob Powell
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 8, 2007
          I had always assumed that with the exception of certain magic based
          characters, like the Phantom Stranger, that J'Onn J'Onzz was the most
          powerful as far as pure power.

          --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Milton"
          <King.Hyperion@...> wrote:

          > The GL ring is regularly described as being the most powerful
          weapon in the
          > universe. Although there are several thousands of them, not to
          much the
          > occasional 'lost' or 'hidden' ring that seems to turn up on earth!
          Without
          > the yellow imperfection the only real limitation is the need to
          recharge it.
          > Now, what we need to see is a Daxamite GL assigned to a yellow sun
          sector!
          > That would be one bad motha...
          >

          > On 3/7/07, Skinzareback76@... <Skinzareback76@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > So , in essence , Green Lantern could be the most powerful
          character in
          > > all of comic book history? I have often wondered who is generally
          assumed to
          > > be the most powerful.
          > >

          > > ------------------------------
          > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's
          free
          > > from AOL at
          *AOL.com*<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x42980821
          37/aol?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom>.

        • Alison
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 8, 2007
            Thanks alot, Karl.  I just wasted a couple of hours looking through that fan site, and all it's links.....then saving things in my favorites....and reading stories.....;)

            --- Mark Milton <King.Hyperion@ gmail.com> wrote:

            > The GL ring is regularly described as being the most
            > powerful weapon in the
            > universe. Although there are several thousands of
            > them, not to much the
            > occasional 'lost' or 'hidden' ring that seems to
            > turn up on earth! Without
            > the yellow imperfection the only real limitation is
            > the need to recharge it.
            > Now, what we need to see is a Daxamite GL assigned
            > to a yellow sun sector!
            > That would be one bad motha...
            >

            > On 3/7/07, Skinzareback76@ aol.com
            > <Skinzareback76@ aol.com> wrote:
            > >
            > > So , in essence , Green Lantern could be the
            > most powerful character in
            > > all of comic book history? I have often wondered
            > who is generally assumed to
            > > be the most powerful.
            > >

            > > ------------ --------- ---------
            > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out
            > more about what's free
            > > from AOL at

            *AOL.com*<http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 1615326657x43112 27241x4298082137 /aol?redir= http%3A%2F% 2Fwww%2Eaol% 2Ecom>.

            "Worlds Within Worlds....
            Worlds Without End...."

            Karl Sloan, Class of "86"

            Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
            in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

          • King.Hyperion
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 8, 2007

              I would agree with those statements.  MM just don’t have that all American look, but he should totally own Supes.  Back in the Fernus arc in JLA, Supes admitted that on that short list of people he fears, MM is the top of that list!  But still, a Daxamite or Martian GL would be a powerful ally!

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 9, 2007
                Another person to fear, for bad guys in general, is a Kryptonian with actual hand-to-hand combat skills, a la Richard Dragon or Batman.  Think about it.  Even though Supergirl was allegedly trained by Amazons, she doesn't show much in the way of those skills.....she's no Wonder Woman.

                <King.Hyperion@ ...> wrote:

                > The GL ring is regularly described as being the most powerful
                weapon in the
                > universe. Although there are several thousands of them, not to
                much the
                > occasional 'lost' or 'hidden' ring that seems to turn up on earth!
                Without
                > the yellow imperfection the only real limitation is the need to
                recharge it.
                > Now, what we need to see is a Daxamite GL assigned to a yellow sun
                sector!
                > That would be one bad motha...
                >

                > On 3/7/07, Skinzareback76@ ... <Skinzareback76@ ...> wrote:
                > >
                > > So , in essence , Green Lantern could be the most powerful
                character in
                > > all of comic book history? I have often wondered who is generally
                assumed to
                > > be the most powerful.
                > >

                > > ------------ --------- ---------
                > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's
                free
                > > from AOL at
                *AOL.com*<http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 1615326657x43112 27241x42980821
                37/aol?redir= http%3A%2F% 2Fwww%2Eaol% 2Ecom>.

              • darci386
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 9, 2007
                  Alison,
                  Ah, yes, "The Super-Amazon" from "Supergirl" #9 (Dec 1973-Jan 1974).
                  That was disappointing, wasn't it?
                  Thanks,
                  Darci

                  --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Alison" <cyberb7@...> wrote:

                  > Another person to fear, for bad guys in general, is a Kryptonian
                  with actual hand-to-hand combat skills, a la Richard Dragon or Batman.
                  Think about it. Even though Supergirl was allegedly trained by
                  Amazons, she doesn't show much in the way of those skills.....she's no
                  Wonder Woman.
                • Dave Harman
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 9, 2007
                    The ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe.
                    however, it origionaly had two flaws. the yellow
                    impurity, which is now gone, and the limit to the ring
                    bearer's will power. if any gl and superman went head
                    to head the gl would be winning until clark exerted
                    his will onto the ring. after that then that
                    particular gl would be powerless and clark would be
                    superman with a gl ring and would REALLY be something
                    to be scared of.

                    Get your own web address.
                  • oliver harper
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 10, 2007
                      the character most powerful in all comic-book history have been Superman,
                      whenever there is a world-wide emergency resorts to him.  but i think really that Green Lantern is one of  the characters most powerful.

                      Skinzareback76@... escribió:
                      So , in essence , Green Lantern could be the most powerful character in all of comic book history? I have often wondered who is generally assumed to be the most powerful.

                      “In brightest day, in blackest night,
                      No evil shall escape my sight!
                      Let those who worship evil’s might
                      Beware my power – Green Lantern’s Light!”

                      LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
                      http://es.voice.yahoo.com

                    • King.Hyperion
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 10, 2007

                        Historically, he absolutely has been although Superboy prime was more powerful then two supermen.  On further reflection, It should be noted though that the Kryptonite from the Power Ring has not been used post crisis AFAIK, and if there ever was a time that would have been tried, it would have been when the GL’s tried to stop SBP, he tore through a bunch of them as well!

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 10, 2007
                          --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Dave Harman

                        • JERRYCHUD@AOL.COM
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 10, 2007
                            i dont care what any body saids. Superman is the most strongest super hero in the world. know body can win againest him. in the end Superman always come out in front.
                               jerry