7342Re: Ask Chris #172: 'The Problem"

  • darci386
    Jun 26, 2014
      I'm not sure about some of Chris's claims.  For example, the GCD lists Dennis O'Neil's and Neal Adam's first work together as "The Secret of the Waiting Graves" in Detective Comics #395 (cover dated Jan 1970).  Their one-and-only credit together at Marvel was "Before I'd Be Slave..." in X-Men #65 (cover dated Feb 1970).  There's no doubt, though, that Carmine Infantino hired everyone from Marvel he could.

      His anecdote about Jack Kirby moving to DC seems incomplete to me.  As I recall it, Kirby asked for the Jimmy Olsen book so he'd be left alone to do as he wanted.
      Thanks,