      Both are cogent comments.  The reason I copied the article here was her observation that Marvel had improved since the original article, while DC had not.  I guess Marvel got a different supplier and now have zippers that work?
      Thanks,
      Darci

      On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:57 AM, "Edward Bebee ejb@... [DC_Comics_Uncensored]" <DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On 2014-06-17, at 4:49 AM, DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      She Has No Head! – Revisiting ‘No, It’s Not Equal’
      by Kelly Thompson

              Interesting article. I'm skeptical things have changed. I see it more as a phase or a blip.

              Two comments I'll toss out here is that some of the commentators mention how women are portrayed in other media and use that as an excuse to give comics a pass but that doesn't work as good logic.

              It's good context and it helps explain the "why" of some of the pornstar-itis in comics but it excuses nothing.

              Also bad logic is "movies and tv are worse. Why don't you attack the bigger targets first?"

      A) because they are bigger targets. If you want change on an issue, you have to go for smaller wins and build momentum. That aggravates some folks on all sides but it's what works.

      B) what we (and I'll take the liberty of speaking for Ms. Thompson :) ) know and care about are comics. Of course we're going to focus on the areas we know.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic