7316Gotham TV series

  • darci386
    Feb 13, 2014

      From http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-fox-39-gotham-casts-penguin-alfred-james-175948833.html

      Scoop: Fox's Gotham Casts The Penguin, Alfred, James Gordon's Fiancée and Captain Essen

      By Matt Webb Mitovich
      February 11, 2014 10:00 AM

      Scoop: Fox's Gotham Casts The Penguin, Alfred, James Gordon's Fiancée and Captain Essen
      Gotham_Casts_ThePenguin

      Holy casting, Batman! Gotham is populating.

      Fox’s increasingly buzzy series exploring the origin stories of DC Comics lawman James Gordon (Southland‘s Ben McKenzie) and the villains that made the titular city famous has cast four more series regulars.

      Robin Lord Taylor (Accepted, The Walking Dead) has been cast as Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin, a low-level psychopath — toiling for a gangster named Fish (nod to Jim?) Mooney — who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.

      Next, British actor Sean Pertwee (Camelot) will play Alfred Pennyworth, a tough-as-nails ex-Marine who has loyally served the wealthy Wayne family and now, in the wake of Thomas and Martha’s tragic deaths, is protective of their young son Bruce.

      Now, for the women in James Gordon’s life. Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice) will play Captain Essen, his boss at the GCPD Homicide Squad. She balances the worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that’s as much corporate litigator as cop.

      Erin Richards (Breaking In), meanwhile, has been cast as James’ fiancée, Barbara Kean. A sophisticated ER doctor, she stands by her future husband — which can be difficult in a world as corrupt (batty?) as Gotham.

      Bruno Heller (The Mentalist) penned the pilot for Gotham, which was ordered straight to series in September, and will serve as executive producer alongside director Danny Cannon (Nikita).

      Gotham_Casts_ThePenguin

      . 18 Comments  .

      Jacob 1 day ago

      I am a diehard Batman fan but I have mix feelings about this production. I can accept a change in characters like they been doing in Arrow. But one thing that MUST be in this show is serious corruption in the upper command of the GCPD. They are already casting super villains but what about the Commissioner Loeb, Detective Flass or the crazy SWAT leader Branden. They have a lot options for bad guys before they start dipping into Batman's villains.

      TC 1 day ago

      Think they're making a lot of solid decisions here and the premise is awesome. Now just have to wait for my hopes to be dashed.

      Marrone B 1 day ago

      I would recommend the writers review the Long Halloween and other prequel sources (Batman Year One) to get a feel for what Gotham was like before Batman appeared. After watching Arrow, I doubt they really understand DC at all, but I save my comments until I see the finished work.

      Roman Garcia 1 day ago

      I honestly hope that Fox does not ruin another great franchise, like the Terminator the Sara Conner chronicles. I also agree that GCPD does needs some serious corruption.

      Goblin 1 day ago

      Hey, it's Fox...the same people who killed "Brimstone", "Strange Luck", and of course, "Firefly". If the show does turn out to be entertaining and well-written, they will move it from time slot to time slot, show the episodes out of order, then cancel it in favor of a Simpson's spin-off.

      John 1 day ago

      I have a feeling this will be much better than Agents of Shield. It would not take much to beat that show anyway.

      somedaysoon2011 1 day ago

      I just waiting for the major disappointment from this series. They have solid ideas but it just usually ends up being disappointing.

      David 1 day ago

      With a cast like this, I REALLY hope they don't screw this up.

      TC 1 day ago

      Also pleased to see they aren't casting Penguin as some short, fat, weird guy who makes quacking noises. Always hated that interpretation.

      JH 1 day ago

      Ben McKenzie was excellent in Southland, glad to hear he got the lead role.

      JH 1 day ago

      Ben McKenzie was excellent in Southland, glad to hear he got the lead role.

      LoveMeRight 1 day ago

      There are other villains in the Batman Universe that existed long before Bruce became Batman. Like Roman Sionis a.k.a. Black Mask, Joseph Rigger a.k.a Firebug, Professor Hugo Strange, Jill Hampton,and an (Important Key Villain) JOE CHILL. Hopefully we get to see two major Crime Families at play, The Falcones and The Maronis, Gotham certainly ain't Gotham without' em.

      Nick 1 day ago

      already a better scenario than that ridiculous movie with the ill fated casting.

      NorCal D 1 day ago

      It sounds like it should be a good series.

      Glen 1 day ago

      I hope it works out.

      no_one_now 1 day ago

      Ruining everything I love since 1980....

      These Are My Rules, I Make Em Up! 1 day ago

      It already screwed up. NO Bat? Then what is the point. I swear Hollywood is just bending my childhood over and ..................well you can figure out the rest. Nothing but a profit is what this is. If they would do it similar to smallville, which wasn't my favorite show, then maybe they would have something unique. But i am doubtful it will last more than a season or 2.

      on the fence 1 day ago

      ok hmmm ..this looks like something to catch on netflixs after it's cancelled the same year

      Frankin 1 day ago

      IT's GoNNa Suck

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic