      From: Dan Rosa <dankrosa@...>
      To: "DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com" <DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:41 AM
      Subject: Re: [DCU] Re: Newbie with questions

      Hi Rowland,
      Here are my recommendations.
      Action Comics 775 - if you google it you will see it is a highly praised, fairly modern Superman story.
      All Star Superman was 12 issues but can be picked up in a trade paperback collection. If you are looking for specific issues from that series I'd recommend #6 & #9. The whole thing is great but I feel those 2 particular issues are very grounded and accessible for new readers.
      The UP UP & AWAY storyline - Action Comics 837 - 840, Superman 650-653 by Kurt Busiek. Basically Superman without powers. They slowly come back of course but it's great to see the focus on Clark, his job, friendships and relationship with Lois.
      Action Comics - 858 through 870 - If you enjoy the Donner movies these are great. The artist Gary Frank really captures the Christopher Reeve style Superman and along with the writing the issues invokes the charm and adventure of the films.
      Kingdom Come - stand alone collected story - painted in a realistic style - this is a story set in the future where Superman comes out of retirement to try and tame a generation of "heroes" who are out of control. There are future version of Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman etc.  Beautiful book. I just picked up the ABSOLUTE oversized addition for my little brother who doesn't even read comics. He knows and loves this story though because of it's realism.
      Hope this helps. Enjoy

      From: Steve mailto:samalysa8%40aol.com>
      To: mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:15 AM

      Well first are you looking to Buy trades, Digital, or Single issues?

      A great site to buy and track your collection is ComicCollectorLive.com, I can find just about any back issue I'm looking for there.

      My personal favorite Stories involving Superman are as Follows

      1. Death of Superman (Action Comics 684, Adventures of Superman 497, Justice League America 69, Superman 74,75, Superman the Man of Steel
      2. Funeral for a Friend (Action Comics 685,686, Adventures of Superman 498, 499,500, Justice League America 70, Superman 76,77,83, Superman the
      Man of Steel 20,21)
      3. Bizarro's World (Action Comics 697, Adventures of Superman 510, Superman 87,88, Superman the Man of Steel 32)

      4. Camelot Falls (Superman 657,658,659,660,661,662,663,664,665,667, Superman Annual 13)

      5. Reign of Doomsday (Action Comics 900,901,902,903,904, Justice League of America 55, Outsiders 37, Steel 1, Superboy 6, Superman/Batman
      Annual 5)
      6. Secret Origin (Superman Secret Origin 1,2,3,4,5,6)

      7. Wedding of Lois and Clark (Superman 50, Superman The Weddng Album 1, Superman The Wedding Album Collectors set 1)

      8. Superman/Doomsday Hunter/ Prey (Superman/Doomsday Hunter/Prey 1,2,3)