7117Re: [DCU] Wonder Woman Retcon?

    Jan 11, 2012
      OTOH, I recall a time prior to the retcon that Diana's origin echoed the one in Ovid's Metamorphosis, etc.  I never liked the retcon, and am glad to see it gone.  I'd have picked another father besides Zeus, however.  He has too many illegitimate offspring, as you note.
      Thanks,

      From: vaughn walker <keezuhg@...>
      To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:19 AM
      Subject: [DCU] Wonder Woman Retcon?

      I'm wondering what the reaction is to the recent change in WW's history in that she is no longer made of Clay and magic, but just another product of a dalliance between Hypolita and Zeus? I think it's a HUGE devaluing of the character since a large part of her appeal has to do with her magic based-otherworldliness. This also negates SO many factors in her history!