5811[DCU] Re: Thing/Herbie

  • Richard J.
    Jul 1, 2009
      Why Marvel characters suffered so much and changed so much back then was a phenomenal mystery to my brothers and myself.

      For the life of us we could not figure it out, especially in that the Hanna Barbera FF cartoon was virtually untouched, aside from some re-editings to remove Namor from about two episodes due to the character possibly appearing elsewhere, I believe, much the same as was said to be the case with the Torch not being in the seventies cartoon.

      Firestar was created for Spiderman and his Amazing Friends just three years later.

      Would a female Torch (or Iceman) have been that much out of the question, instead of Herbie?

      Still, the explanation was that Herbie came about because of Star Wars and R2D2, trying to cash in on that imagery.

      Didn't work, I know that much. People fled from this FF cartoon, tho now I wouldnt mind watching it as each animated FF version seemed to do the same stories and it would be fun to compare them.

      I remember Medusa had two turns in the seventies FF cartoon, as leader of the Inhumans (Black Bolt was nowhere to be seen) and she was also a member of the Frightful Four.

      Blastaar used to say his name like he was selling a new product, like this Billy Mays guy who just died.

      "I am . . . BLASTAAR! I can take care of anything!!"