5639Watchmen

  • jasonshelf
    Jun 20, 2009
      Ok, at the risk of some potentially nasty feedback, I have a legitimate question here...what is the appeal of "Watchmen?" I'm a big comic books fan, but whatever appeal this graphic novel seems to hold for others is lost on me. I find the plot to be somewhat weak and inconsistent, the characters wooden and underwritten, and the artwork retro but not in a good way.

      I'm not simply trying to belittle the work, just stating my reaction to it. I've heard countless people who refer to their adoration in general terms, but nothing that rang true for my experience.

      If anyone has any feedback that might give me a different perspective with which to appreciated it, please share.

      Thanks,

      Jason
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic