4492[DCU] Re: DC not appreciating what they acquired

    Nov 2, 2008
      Yeah, but some of them eventually come back after a while, just to
      confuse us even more.

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Allen Smith
      <metron12001@...> wrote:

      > Hmm....I can see the headline now:  "DC Comics, where heroes go to
      die!!"

      >      Allen Smith

      historical perspective, DC bought Quality Comics in 1956.  Amongst
      the characters in that purchase were the Blackhawks, Doll Man, Lady
      Luck, Manhunter, Midnight, Miss America (Joan Dale), Phantom Lady,
      Plastic Man, the Ray, Uncle Sam, and Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin).
      > Darci
      >
      > xmscity1225 <xmscity1225@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      >

      > And what about the heroes DC picked up from Charlton?
      > How many of those were eventually killed off so DC could maybe re-
      use
      > the names on new versions?

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic