4479Re: DC not appreciating what they acquired

  • skeletors_hood
    Nov 1, 2008
      I don't think that it's really a matter of DC not appreciating the
      Marvel family, so much as it's a case where they have never really
      been successful in recreating the popularity the Marvel books enjoyed
      before they were absorbed by DC. After years of trying, I think that
      DC just stopped trying so hard, hioping new stories here and there
      would make the lightning strike again. I must admit, I liked the
      Trials of Shazam, but DC needs to put the Marvel family a bit more
      forward, like on their animated movie list, or live action.

      Speaking of companies DC bought up, I haven't seen any of the
      Milestone characters running around lately. Only Static enjoyed any
      sort of popularity, mostly due to his animated series and appearances
      on Justice League.

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225"
      <xmscity1225@...> wrote:

      > And what about the heroes DC picked up from Charlton?
      > How many of those were eventually killed off so DC could maybe re-
      use
      > the names on new versions?
      >
      > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"
      > <blackaciddevil01@> wrote:
      >
      > I couldn't agree more with you, Darci, that the Marvel Family will
      > ever be appreciated at DC. That's a shame, too, as The Marvel
      Family
      > is just as entertaining. You're absolutely right in every respect.
      > Tom
      >
      > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@>
      > wrote:
      >
      > Tom,
      > I'm not sure the Marvel Family will ever be appreciated at DC.
      > Someone pointed out to me that Bob Rozakis (IIRC) was writing a
      What
      > If story about if Max Gaines at All-American had bought out DC
      > instead of the other way around. If someone else ran DC or if
      > Fawcett were still in the comic book business, then maybe they'd
      get
      > a fair shake?
      >
      > Hey, Paul Dini, Alan Burnett, prove me wrong, why don't ya?
      > Darci

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic