4075Re: [DCU] Darkseid and Thanos long lost brothers?

    Oct 1, 2008
      Did Jim Starlin come up with Thanos, or did he just use him a lot on
      his runs of Captain Marvel, Warlock, etc.?

      (And not to beat a dead horse, while Kirby may have been involved
      with theearlier appearances of the Inhumans, did he ever work on a
      comic book for them? Whoever did that story could have appeared to
      rip off / homage Kirby's work on New Gods.)

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Comixbear"
      <comixbear@...> wrote:

      > Counter-Earth, in the comics, was a physical Earth created by the
      High Evolutionary and which was located on the opposite side of the
      sun. It wasn't a parallel world...more of a carbon copy with changes
      made. They didn't have super-heroes on that planet, although the
      Reed Richards of that Earth appeared in the Fantastic Four book as a
      villain called The Brute (sort of a purple version of the Hulk). It
      was later destroyed during Infinity Gauntlet (according to
      Wikipedia...I didn't read that mini.).

      > Comixbear

      thing? I don recall as many parallel earths in their universe.

      in 1999 after the shut-down of Spider-Man The Animated Series, and
      only ran for 13 episodes. Toon Disney is just re-running those
      episodes. And I don't believe Adam Warlock appears in this series.

      > Comixbear

      is a new show on toon Disney which involves counter earth.

      life form created on an alternate earth and not a member of the same
      Titan family that spawned Mar-Vell, etc.

      > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
      > Join me

      ----
      > To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
      > From: actionheroes@...
      > Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:15:24 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [DCU] Darkseid and Thanos long lost brothers?
      >

      > Rashon <kensia29@> wrote:> I have another question. What
      has Thanos
      > to do with the Inhumans? Thanos is an Eternal from Titan
      not an Inhuman

      > I do not recall ever seeing Thanos together with any
      Inhumans, though
      > I honestly hate the Inhumans and have often avoided buying
      any issues
      > of any comic book that had Inhumans unless it promised "ONE
      WILL DIE."

      > Thanos was the brother or cousin of Star Fox or Fire Fox
      and somehow
      > they were related to the wife of Captain Mar-Vell or
      something along
      > those lines. At some point I think Adam Warlock was also in
      the
      > general line of relatives but I am not sure. The Moonshadow
      or
      > whatever her name was (the bald woman who used to dress in
      a green
      > gown) was also related to Titan.
      >
      > Overall, Thanos is the only interesting character to come
      out of
      > Titan. Captain Mar-Vell and Warlock were created before
      Thanos.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic