      From: Brian Swindler <leadtrmptplyr@...>
      To: DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:12:17 PM
      Subject: Re: [DCU] Re: Connor Hawke

      I have stayed out of this subject but continued to read it.  I would like to add my 2 cents worth.

      1) I wish everybody would back down a little bit before this turns into a huge racial thing.  Like Rodney King said "can't we all just get along?"  If anyone had the right to be pissed off it was Rodney.

      2) People in comics make mistakes all the time.  What about all the screwed up continuity in both Marvel & DC?

      3) The comment about coin was essentially correct.  If you like a certain character the way they are then buy the damn book.  Buy as many copies as you can.  Hang out at the comic store and suggest it to everyone that comes in.  You have the best chance of continuing the success of that book or character by making sure you do everything you can to promote your enjoyment.  There are multiple places to post on the net to get peoples attention.  Post on the companies website.  Marvel & DC both have places to do that.  You can also question the writers and artists about it.

      So before you all get stupidly pissed off about a FICTIONAL character, why don't you do what you can to correct the problem?  Let the creators know how you feel about the book/character.  They will get the hint when they hear enough.  Why not ask the talent that does GA/BC what the definitive origin for Connor is and what his true skin tone should be.

      Just some thoughts from a guy who has never posted til now.  But if this continues then the forum will probably be closed down.  Nobody wants a race issue to be prevalent on a website.  Not saying that anyones opinion is invalid.  I will go on record as saying that I am a white male, 44 years old.  I've been reading comics since I was 10 years old.  I don't give a damn if you are black or white or indian or chinese or japanese or whatever.  If you are a decent person to me I will be decent right back.  If you piss in my wheaties then I will do the same to you.  If a character is written well then I will enjoy them.  But you have to give DC credit, they did the whole Milestone line of comics back in the 90's.  Where did they go?  People stopped buying them.  Probably because they were a novelty and not a real representation of our world.  I thought some of the books were very cool.  I thought others sucked.  Would I buy books with those characters in them?  You bet!  If they were well done.  Maybe DC will include them in their 52 universes.  There are several universes left to be explored.

      Anyway, I respect the feelings of everyone here.  Not intending to cause trouble.  Hoping to help us all avoid some.  Take care and have a great weekend.