freecycle

  • Karin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hello There
      I just started to use freecycle and I really think it is a great idea to reduce landfill trash and contribute to helping the environment. Some of u probably have heard of it.

      Freecycle is a non-profit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer. Membership is free.

      It's basically a yahoo group. If u want to get rid of things you don't need anymore or u have stuff in the shed/garage which has been there for a while without anybody using it, u can put it on freecyle and find a new home for it. You will help to reduce the landfill trash and it's a good feeling knowing someone else can use it.

      We cleaned out our shed and I wanted to get rid of a bunch of garden sprays .I didn't want to throw them away so I "freecycled" them and they were gone in a day. I just put them on the curb and the person who contacted me, picked it up.

      There is also a lot of good stuff u can get for free. You can even post what u are looking for.

      Here is the webpage: http://www.freecycle.org/

      Just put in your zip code and u will get your local group and can sign up.

      Karin