DC Capitol Pride Interfaith Service - Next Meeting Thur, May 6 ...

  • Beloved Community
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2010

      From: e.eldritch@...
      To: e.eldritch@...
      Sent: 4/29/2010 7:57:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: Follow Up: Capitol Pride Interfaith Service - Next Meeting Thur, May 6 7:00pm at WPC

      (Many thanks to those who attended the recent planning meeting .. See you at the next one?  Please send in your donation to support this years service.)

      Dear Coalition of the Spirit Members,

      We are well on our way to this year's pride service ... we have a church and a speaker and we need YOUR INPUT and PARTICIPATION.

      We need your participation and financial support. Please attend the next planning meeting. Please mark your calendars for BOTH the planning meeting and the service it self.

      I.  Pride Interfaith Service Planning Meeting
      Thursday, May  6, 7:00pm
      Westminster Presbyterian Church
      400 I St. S.W.
      Washington, DC 20024

      II.  Pride Interfaith Service
      Tuesday, June 8, 7:30 PM
      Westminster Presbyterian Church
      400 I St. S.W.
      Washington, DC 20024

      III. Notes
      a. Allan described a brief history, purpose and intent of Pride Interfaith Services
      b. Ruth introduced herself and 2 members of Westminster Presbyterian Church
      c. Individual introductions
      d. Discussion: "What I know and love about Pride Interfaith Services"
      e. 2010 Theme:  Our Blessings. Our Selves.
      f.  Draft Subthemes for sections of the service
      The Blessings Among Us
      The Faith Within Us
      Faith - Blessings - Unity
      God in Your Body
      Faith Without Apology
      g. Note:  The phrase "Faith Without Apology" will be used as "the challenge" at the end of the service. We will create and give out a artcard with following elements 1. the phrase; 2. a band of Graphics of Interfaith Symbols; 3. a rainbow stripe across the card. The purpose of the artcard is to provide each attendee with a reminder of the service that they will want to post at home or work ... hopefully we can keep the connection of the Coalition of the Spirit alive throughout the year.

      h. Publicity: 1. Blade and MW Ads are expensive; 2. Pride Guide Ads; 3. Interviews, Articles and photos in the media would be helpful ... perhaps we have to write our own!

      i. Homework: Everyone please bring songs, readings and activities that might carry the theme and subthemes to the next meeting Thursday May 6, 7pm at WPC.

      IV. Next MeetingAgenda items include:
      • Participation various faith communities
      • Deciding on the elements of the program
      • Advertising
      • Sponsorship and Fundraising
      Please RSVP or send Regrets by reply to this message.

      See you soon! Blessings!
      Eric

      Eric Eldritch
      Celebration of the Spirit Coalition