Fwd: faye williams new years eve update
- An Update on Faye Williams of Sisterspace and Plymouth Congregational UCC
We hope that you are all well and enjoying the Holy- Days. Faye is recovering well. She's come a long way since December 4, 2007 to now talking, walking, giving orders and taking care of her basic daily personal needs. She seems to be able to function better earlier in the day and has been calling folks on the phone, sometimes with clear thoughts and words, and other times she struggles with much frustration. All Good Signs! Faye is coming back to us!
Faye has been assigned a 24-hour sitter for the times her mother is not at the hospital. She has tried to escape several times, and we are sure that she will try to leave once she finds the elevators. So if you get a call from her asking you to pick her up and take her home, please don't do it, LOL........... Do Not Aid in her Escape, although she thinks she is doing well and is ready to get back to her hectic daily life, she needs to rest, recuperation and continued therapy.
We would like to Thank Everyonewho has made donations, sent flowers and cards, and has visited Faye thus far. Donations are still needed, as she'll need help for several months to come. Much-needed contributions should be sent to:
c/o Lois Wiley
517 T Street N.W.
Washington, DC 2001
Please make all checks payable to Faye Williams
Faye is now located at the
National Rehabilitation Hospital
(on the grounds of Washington Hospital Center)
102 Irving Street N.W.
It seems the major weight in getting Faye's life in order during this difficult period has fallen on a Few of Us. We can only help Faye with her immediate needs with the help of Her Many Friends. Please continue your support. Thank you. There are several areas in which Community Assistance is Needed, Please See List Below..............
1. Although Faye will be at the Rehab for several weeks to come she will be in need of Social Services after she is discharged. If you are aware of any services you believe can be of help, please provide us with information and contact numbers.
2. Volunteers to pick up Faye's Mother, Ruby Williams from 1415 Tuckerman Street N.W. and take her to the National Rehab Hospital at the Washington Hospital Center and back home in the evening. Several times she's had to take a taxi cab in the evening from the Hospital Center and has been over charged on every occasion - 20 plus dollars. Please let us know which days you can help. Call Takada at 202-367-9046 or 202-276-7156 or Lois A. Wiley, 202-483-0448 to be added to the list of occasional drivers.
3. We Urgently need of more Donations. These donations will assist with rent, utility bills, transportation, and other personal needs while Faye awaits approval of her Social Security Disability Benefits.
4. We are in need of a space where Faye can store things that she now has in a storage unit on U Street, which is incredibly costly. If any one has an empty garage, attic, basement or storage unit, where Faye's things can be temporarily stored, please let us know ASAP.
Visiting hours are noon to 9 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekends and Holidays. However, Faye is pretty busy during the day with Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapy. Feel free to visit her between the hours of 4 p.m. and 8:30 PM during the week and during regular visiting hours on the weekends when possible. She enjoys company. Visitors stimulate her recollection and brighten her spirits. Faye has also enjoyed reading your cards and notes. Please keep them coming.
Recognize a STROKE by asking three simple questions:
Ask the individual to SMILE.
TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE? SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg "It is sunny out today").
Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call 911 immediately!!
Wishing you Happy Holy-Days,
a Joyous Kwanzaa and a Prosperous New Year
Thank You All For Your Support of
Our Sister and Friend
The Faye Williams Recovery Team
Contact Information~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~email: sisterspace1515@...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~